Change locks on front door?

Gavvodka

Inactive User
Reaction score
howdy, in need of assistance.. basically i had a front door key in a cooker that was sitting round my back garden and was getting thrown out.

some guy came to the door and asked the joiner that was in my house if he could take it away.. he said yes,

so now i am left with some random guy with a key to my front door.

don't know where this guy is from, so i reckon I'll need my locks changed. its a pvc door, any ideas on a price to get these locks changed?

if i was you i would take a trip to B&Q see how much they are, just had mine changed on back door m8 its only 1 screw holding it in place.

all you need to do is change the barrel 1 screw which should be a euro profile measure each side of where the screw goes in barrel

(A and B in pic and the length L )

they come in all sizes m8 40/40 , 40/50 and so on
easy job cost u about £6 a barrel depends where u go for them

Last edited:
nice 1.. had a quick look.. so its the screw in the side of the door u unscrew and u just pop it out? and just insert the new barrel?

lock change

once you take the screw out m8 you may need to put key in lock and turn it slightly about 2-3 minuets either side of 6.30 to line the tumbler up with opening check new barrel to see

like said above m8 put the key in the barrel turn slightly and pull the barrel out after taking screw out that is

if you aint got the key you are going to have to drill it out just below where the key goes in takes all of 10 seconds to do then insert any similar key in lock and turn to open then remove lock and change

Back