Celtic star Charlie Mulgrew quizzed by police after toddler son is left in car in the

J

Inactive User
Reaction score
CELTIC'S Charlie Mulgrew was quizzed by police yesterday after his toddler son was left in a car in freezing temperatures.

Bra tycoon Michelle Mone raised the alarm after spotting two-year-old Josh in the car outside the Costco store in St Rollox, Glasgow.

She claimed the toddler had been left in the vehicle for an hour in temperatures of -7C.

Police questioned Mulgrew and his partner Alana, who had been shopping at Costco.

A police spokeswoman said last night: "A 24-year-old male and a 22-year-old female are subject of a report to the procurator fiscal."

Mone wrote on social networking site Twitter: "Waiting at car as mother has left her baby in car for an hour at -7C. Called police & might smash window. Nut case."

The police spokeswoman added: "About 15.30, police were called to a report of a baby in a car in the Costco car park.

"The emergency services also attended.

"The baby was examined and did not require any treatment."

Later, Ultimo boss Mone said that Mulgrew and Alana were furious she had called police.

Mum-of-three Mone tweeted: "Baby safe and well, shame the parents were angry with me but I felt I only did the right thing for the baby as it was -7C."

Mulgrew and Alana were "absolutely distraught" last night.

A source at Celtic said: "Charlie and his partner are excellent parents. They are astonished at the events which unfolded.

"The child was sleeping during the journey to the store.

"They decided to leave him. He was wearing warm clothing and was peacefully asleep.

"Charlie could see the car at all times. His partner was in the store knowing full well that Charlie was watching the car .

"At no time was the child in any kind of danger.

"They are extremely upset that someone took it upon themselves to report this to the police and then put it on the internet.

"Everyone who knows them knows they are loving and caring parents and for this to be called into question is very upsetting for the family.

"They are great parents. This has caused them great distress."

Last night, Michelle defended her actions. She said: "I have just realised whose child this is.

"I don't want any harm to be brought to the parents or the child.

"I'm just kind of shocked that people should be doing that.

"I think anyone in those circumstances would have done the same thing."

Re: Celtic star Charlie Mulgrew quizzed by police after toddler son is left in car in

Good on her. i would have doen the same.

Back