cd player and steering control

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i have an bmw 3 series 2003, and it currently as an radio cassete player and i would like to change it for an silvercrest bluetooth car radio, which has cd, mp3. aux, usb, sd etc..

my steering wheel has controls for volume up/down, frequency scan up down, cruise control and voice recognition.

just wanted to ask if these features will all still be working after changing the cd player? i guess cruise control will be unaffected really

any help appreciated

hnj

when the radio/cd was pinched from my ford some years ago the insurance paid for a replacement but they wouldn't replace it with the ford radio/cd for some reason (i never did understand why at the time) but the guy from frog fitted a pioneer mp3 cd jobbie much better than the ford one ever was.

the car had volume radio search etc etc on steering wheel he had a pack of cables that he fitted between the ones that came from the steering and speakers etc and then into the radio unit.

i asked at the time and he said yes there are a few companies who manufacture these interconnection cables you have to specify car model and radio unit. i cant remember the name on the cables but i suspect any decent ice shop will have or be able to give you a name of the comanies who supply them.

Yeah there are adaptor leads you'll have to find for your cd/player and the car loom.

Ebay is probbley your best bet - Buts it not a ISO lead you need( this is for the power and speakers) its the streering control lead

i been looking around alot on ebay and have found out that it is called an Steering wheel stalk, please could someone confirm this for me.

but there are loads of these adapters i dont really know which 1 i need to be honest.

help appreciated

hnj

Back