CCTV. Remote app for iPhone ?

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
I'm unsure how you have it set up. I know with mine I get trouble when using the external I.p when connected to the internal network. When I get this issue I just use the dvr I.p. then switch back to the external I.p when out and about. My issue is with the router I believe.

I'm unsure how you have it set up. I know with mine I get trouble when using the external I.p when connected to the internal network. When I get this issue I just use the dvr I.p. then switch back to the external I.p when out and about. My issue is with the router I believe.

Only have one ip bud ?

ja4ebumu.jpg

How do you view your CCTV away from your house?

How do you view your CCTV away from your house?

I haven't yet. An can't work out how I would tbh.

I had securix before and used A dvr name which logged into cams on app.

No idea how this set up works tbh

Sorry then mate not sure why it would be slow.

For accessing externally you would need to find your dns and external I.p . Open up command on your PC and type ipconfig/all . Enter the dns in to your dvr and you should be able to use the external I.p anywhere just as you use 192.168.0.23 locally.

to view away from house I use a free dns service , no-ip.com , as long as you set up port trigger and port forwarding for the ip of the dvr all will be ok when accessing the app on your phone when out and about

A lot of the China based DVR's often come with there own DNS service built into the machine you just port forward the standard 4 figure port number and use the recommended app for the DVR

cheers peeps. :)

A lot of the China based DVR's often come with there own DNS service built into the machine you just port forward the standard 4 figure port number and use the recommended app for the DVR

Had email back from the seller and they said to use vMeye V2, so going to try that.
Although I'm unsure how I find the external IP of the actual dvr ?

cheers peeps. :) Had email back from the seller and they said to use vMeye V2, so going to try that.
Although I'm unsure how I find the external IP of the actual dvr ?

i might of mislead you with my post. ipconfig/all doesnt always find your external i.p depending on your router i think . also external i.p is refered to as wan. look here to find yours WanIP.info - get to know your WAN IP address - my WAN IP address detection . you will need to enter your dns address in the dvr . your router will have a page with the wan and dns address also. sorry if im being confusing with this i only have a basic understanding of this myself and am just letting you know what i did. your dvr seems similar to mine also.

good luck.

Back