cavalier immobiliser

jondoe

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
is it possible to bypass the imobiliser on an "L" reg 1.8 cavalier as my key has been lost for the car and the robbing gits at vauxhaul want £50 quid to order new key and programme to management unit and i will have to put the car on the trailer then take it to them just for the progging.sounds easy except that its a donor car and the car is in bits and i need to check the engine is ok before it goes into my corsa

there aint nothing like being without transport

searched high an low for you jondoe for the answer to your prob,

doesnt help that our kids on hols hes the one with the car knowledge,

but found a dedicated site for car probs m8,

i,m sure if you post someone will answer,

alot of yank stuff but loads of european as well,

http://www.dropclaw.com/drgti.html

regards scoot

Originally posted by jondoe
is it possible to bypass the imobiliser on an "L" reg 1.8 cavalier as my key has been lost for the car and the robbing gits at vauxhaul want £50 quid to order new key and programme to management unit and i will have to put the car on the trailer then take it to them just for the progging.sounds easy except that its a donor car and the car is in bits and i need to check the engine is ok before it goes into my corsa

is it poss to take the managment/key unit off the corsa just to test the engine?

Its a long shot , but may work......

pull the multiplug from the ignition barrel,bridge the contacts untill you get some lights on , on the dash.........then find the thick wires on the multiplug( these will be for the starter motor).....bridge them to crank the engine............

If the motor starts...release the thick wires......

If the motor does not start.....try bridging the immob. key sensor wire.......

hope you get it going jondoe

Gary

If it is a seperate unit and you can get in at the wires with a multimeter with the battery disconnected start probing across pairs of wires until you find a resistance, there will probably be a few which seem to be connected in some way, these will be the power and maybe the sense/antenna wire, the two or maybe four wires left will be the immobiliser circuits try bridging pairs of them.

got it sorted .. i went to scrappys and got the management unit from a pre 95 model which fits straight in and away we go..seemingly the pre 95 models were not fitted with an immobiliser as standard.now just to rip the engine out another cavvy and stick it into a corsa and i can be back racing again

Back