Carryon luggage size

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, confused about carryon luggage dimensions..booked holiday next week. Going via jet2 ,their carry on luggage dimensions are 56×45×25. Returning via easyjet and your carry on luggage dimensions are 45×36×20. I'm a bit confused as I won't be allowed the return carry on luggage..trying to ring airlines is impossible no one answers. Any advice. Booked through loveholidays.

Or you risk it and hope they don’t spot that your cabin bag is to big and then you may have to pay for it to go in the hold, or be one of the last to board and sometimes they ask people if the they wish to put their cabin bags in the hold. Probably cheaper to buy a case that conform to the EasyJet dimensions tbh.

Yeah but I've got cabin luggage that meets jet2.com requirements, I used this previously before covid no issues.. looks like I'll have to buy another carry on case thst meets easyjet requirements..

What have you paid for, been allocated?

easyJet are relatively strict and state that unless you pay for a large cabin bag, an upfront seat or an extra legroom seat, you'll be limited to one small bag which must fit underneath the seat in front of you. Your bag must fit in the sizer otherwise you risk having to pay extras at the gate.6 Jan 2022

easyJet hand luggage allowance​

Each passenger can bring a small cabin bag (maximum size 45 x 36 x 20cm) on-board when travelling with easyJet with no weight limit. It includes items like a small trolley case, handbag, rucksack and laptop bag. There is no weight limit on small cabin baggage.

Passengers who have booked with an Up Front or Extra Legroom seat or paid to add a large cabin bag to their booking can also bring on board a large cabin bag. The easyJet large cabin bag size is 56 x 45 x 25 cm including the wheels and any handles.

Additionally, you will have to check the extra bags if you bring more than the allowed amount of luggage and pay the easyJet airport hold luggage fee of $50/45€/£40 for each item at the check-in desk.

If you reach the boarding gate with too many carry-ons, the price increases to $63/56€/£50 per extra item.

Infants and children that do not have their own seat and travel on their parent’s lap do not have a hand luggage allowance, so their items must be stored in the adult’s baggage.

Does checking-in online make a difference?

If you’re risking it with a slightly over-sized bag, then checking in online absolutely makes a difference.

By doing so you’re more likely to get through the gate before boarding.

By not checking-in online, you give yourself a better chance of being asked questions at the easyJet desk!

Besides, you should always check-in online if you plan on taking hand luggage only for your holiday.

This way you’ll have plenty of time to get tackle security and relax in the airport.

Last edited:
Can you log into the Easyjet booking and upgrade to the easyjet large cabin size?

Can do but think ill take my holdall instead, meets the requirements and can carry up to 15kg..not paying g them extra for something thst was standard and now these airlines have changed their baggage policies to squeeze more money out of you..wankers!

I've a m8 and when the fella's go Benidorm for a jollies he always turns up with a rolled up newspaper nothing else.

When we get there he goes to a sh#t tacky clothes shop buys flip flops some shorts couple of t shirts some skids a toothbrush that's it.
He borrows everything else then leaves them all there and returns with the same departing attire, and of course a rolled up up to date newspaper.

easyJet has no weight limits
True but their free carry on luggage dimensions are ridiculous..like I said I'm taking my holdall with me..its ok going with jet2.com but coming back ill pack less in it..so I can squeeze it into the size gauge the use...

True but their free carry on luggage dimensions are ridiculous..like I said I'm taking my holdall with me..its ok going with jet2.com but coming back ill pack less in it..so I can squeeze it into the size gauge the use...
If its a package holiday with jet2 then you get the same jet2 allowance whoever you fly back with.

Yeah..its.not directly with jet2.com but through love holidays...return is with easyjet.com....

Yeah when you book through Love holidays I think they book everything separate, so it is not a package holiday so to speak.
I will never book a holiday through them ever again as we had to get our credit card company involved to get our money back when Covid first hit. They dragged it on by disputing everything but they had to give us all our money back in the end.
A good tip is to always pay for a holiday with your credit card as when things go wrong they deal with getting your money back by you starting a credit card charge back.

Yeah tried to phone loveholidays but no one answers the phone...

Got this from loveholidays

"As they are a self managed airline you will need to contact them regarding the cabin luggage dimensions and see if they can make a exception and the outbound and return is with two different airlines. Thank you"

Back