Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card not opening s*y sports or movies

i have sky multiroom, which box do i use for the serial, main or 2nd box, 2nd box is the one which i'm going to use

when the guy came to install the boxs, he only connected one box to the phone line, when i asked about the other he sad it should be ok, as i do not have a phone line upstairs,

If your going to use the card from your second box then use the NDS serial number from that box. The serial number should be on the underside of the receiver, on the cardboard box it came in and in the services menu of the receiver.

Regards

Liam

you do know that if your going to be using a card from a multi room outside from the sly box, then there is a good chance you will be charged 2 subs and not the £10 for multiroom. Just a word of warning.

only one box is connected to the phone line, when i asked the sky guy who installed it he sad it should be ok, the second box is upstairs and i do not have a phone line upstairs, as anyone on multiroom used the second box as a dreambox and got charged more

only one box is connected to the phone line, when i asked the sky guy who installed it he sad it should be ok, the second box is upstairs and i do not have a phone line upstairs, as anyone on multiroom used the second box as a dreambox and got charged more

I would call them mate. They say they send a letter waring you but my parents never got a warning. They were charged the same price on the 2 boxes.

All boxes must be connected if you have multi room

I would call them mate. They say they send a letter waring you but my parents never got a warning. They were charged the same price on the 2 boxes.

All boxes must be connected if you have multi room

what about if there is just one box without multiroom, has that have to be connected to a phone line

what about if there is just one box without multiroom, has that have to be connected to a phone line
If you only have one box mate and not multiroom then they dont do nothing.

I have one box but never have it connected

i have just had my one installed last week, well try and get out of the multiroom package, they gave me a normal sky but i ordered a sky + plus, my first box is a hd one, does that mean i have to get a dreambox with hd

i have just had my one installed last week, well try and get out of the multiroom package, they gave me a normal sky but i ordered a sky + plus, my first box is a hd one, does that mean i have to get a dreambox with hd

Phone up and explain that you have no way of putting in a phone line for the 2nd box and your worried about the charges. Explain that you were told that its was ok by the engineer.

They gave you a basic box for the multiroom ? how long ago was this?

For the dreambox HD, you will only need that if you want to clear the HD channels as the card has not ref to a SD or HD reciever. So thats just your choice of what you want to see.

Phone up and explain that you have no way of putting in a phone line for the 2nd box and your worried about the charges. Explain that you were told that its was ok by the engineer.

They gave you a basic box for the multiroom ? how long ago was this?

For the dreambox HD, you will only need that if you want to clear the HD channels as the card has not ref to a SD or HD reciever. So thats just your choice of what you want to see.

just last week, if they do take back the box, can i use the dreambox without a phone line,

just last week, if they do take back the box, can i use the dreambox without a phone line,

You only need skys boxes to be connected to a phone line if you have a multiroom sub.

If you only have one sky box then you can use a dreambox without the hassle of worring about a phone line.

The thought behind it is, your paying for that sub. If you have multiroom you a extra 10 then you can give that to some else. So by charging you for the full sub this renders that useless unless you sharing it out.

You only need skys boxes to be connected to a phone line if you have a multiroom sub.

If you only have one sky box then you can use a dreambox without the hassle of worring about a phone line.

The thought behind it is, your paying for that sub. If you have multiroom you a extra 10 then you can give that to some else. So by charging you for the full sub this renders that useless unless you sharing it out.

thanks for the info, i see if they will take it back,

you do know that if your going to be using a card from a multi room outside from the sly box, then there is a good chance you will be charged 2 subs and not the £10 for multiroom. Just a word of warning.

anyone had this happen to them,

yes you was right, just phoned sky and they sad it must be connected to the phone, i'm still within the 28 days cooling off period so i can cancel my sky multiroom, will keep the sky hd box, and will try to setup card sharing

got my multiroom cancelled, i was within my 28 days cooling off period, so if anyone else is within 28 days cooling for period i would recommend this and try to setup card sharing, now the hard part, which is to set up card sharing, any help

now the hard part, which is to set up card sharing, any help
Easily done with the latest CCcam... The latest versions do not require a box key or anything. Just download and install cccam, plug your card in and it should work. To share it, you will have to setup your box as a server (plenty of threads on here with regards to this) - basically do this by editing your cccam.cfg to something like this:

Server
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Other boxes
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Just like to say thanks for the replies in this thread....managed to get my 500s set up with my white sub card....ready for the next step me thinks. Thanks again.

Back