Car Jacking

Anonwelder

Inactive User
Reaction score
ALL CAR OWNERS AND CAR DRIVERS, PLEASE READ

(originated from Alliance Cornhill insurance)

Be aware of a new car-jacking scheme.You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside, lock the doors, start the engine and select reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift back into park or neutral, unlock the doors and get out to remove the paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. Your engine was running and you would have left your handbag or briefcase in the car.

APART FROM NICKING ANYTHING OF VALUE, THEY MIGHT FIND YOUR ADDRESS AND THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR KEYS!
Remember, if you see your rear view blocked like this just drive away and remove the paper later ! It is stuck to your window!

THIS SCAM IS HAPPENING IN LONDON RIGHT NOW AND WILL SURELY SPREAD TO OTHER AREAS
Be thankful that you read this email.and forward it to friends and family especially to women!
JUST BE AWARE AND TAKE CARE. IT WILL SOON ARRIVE IN YOUR AREA

Don't shoot the messenger, I just passed it on as I got it and what you read is what I received via email. Whoever added or omitted that particular line has nothing to do with me. Best to be told something twice and remember, than not learn anything at all.

You didn't read the thread carefully did you? It's not a case of being told twice. It's a case of being told nonsense. This is an Urban Myth/Legend that's spread by people passing on e-mails without checking whether there's any truth in them.

Back