Car insurgence grievance

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I was just after a couple of opinions to see if I have anything worth perusing with admiral car insurance pulling my pants down .

I'll try and keep it brief . The car was involved in an incident a month or so ago while it was begin brought back to us from the mot centre and was in the care of the garage. They sorted it all out gave us a hire car and fixed it. During all the form filling and phone calls relating to it they kept asking for my insurance details which I wasn't happy about as I wasn't claiming. I did give them the info but then rang admiral to inform them that if anyone gets in touch no claim is being made and that neither the wife or I were in charge of the vehicle during an accident.

We had a quote just before all this and it was around £600 as were quiet a few others.
Apparently even if we haven't claimed our insurance quote is invalid now and has gone up by over a £100 . Also I'm not sure if I am begin paranoid here all the other quotes are going up too??

How do they get away with this crap?? I am complaining to admiral and am thinking of getting in touch with the ombudsman about this. Does anyone think its worth it or has anyone got any advice that has dealt with something similar?

Even though the accident went through the garage/mechanic's trade insurance, the insurance database will be showing a claim against the vehicle. This is reflected by the uplift.

If the claim had been on your own policy, you'd be looking at more than £100. (They can raise the base premium, even with protected NCD.)

Gits thought it may be something like that . What I don't get is what does the fact a vehicle has had an accident mean against a persons risk. It's scandalous.

it's about statistics, research suggests that if your vehicle has been in an accident, even if you weren't at fault, there's an increased risk that it will be again. From what I remember

Is this a renewal quote? Something similar happened to me in 2011, following an accident in 2010 (my fault, but I had full protected NCB).

I just got a fresh online quote with the same company (the web site auto filled the claim details) for around £200 less than the renewal quote.

I accepted the new online quote, paid, and downloaded the docs. I then cancelled the original policy, just getting BS to explain the difference.

They've tried every year since, same result. Sadly, they translate "valued customer" to "serial sucker".

This year had enough, got a much better price from Hastings Direct (same cover). Original was Morethan, for over 15 years.

Yes it's renewal but now as soon as the reg gets entered the quotes go up where as before the accident they were much lower. Gutted as the accident was nothing to do with us at all.

Yes it's renewal but now as soon as the reg gets entered the quotes go up where as before the accident they were much lower. Gutted as the accident was nothing to do with us at all.
Pity, not going to work for you then. I stayed with my company for a couple of years because I thought online quotes wouldn't work, needing an explanation about the accident verbally.

When I finally decided to shift anyway, I found on line quotes still only needed minimal on line detail eg... date...who was to blame...whether claim still outstanding...box ticking really.

Have you tried any other companies via moneysupermarket. com or similar ?

Back