Car insurance

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well its that time of year again, so i thought i would have a little look around and get some qoutes..

my current insurer -- Privilege Qouting me £264 full comp

licence forever, no claims 5yrs, no convictions not even a speeding ticket..

Norwich Union via a search engine = £955.00
HSBC search engine = £620.00
LV postal qoute £577.00 not same level of cover

WTF are these insurers on that they can vary so much, i am 40+ been driving yrs i own a mondeo that about 5 yrs old. i even swapped the qoutes to see how much they differed from third party (3 actually went up in price)

my advice to anyone looking for a good deal on car insurance is to give privilege a call because for me they knock these other jokers right out of the ball park..

bloody insurance rip off merchants

tbc

I've used Privilege for years m8, always come up well cheaper than anyone else :) just a couple of tips .. don't always accept their renewal offer, it's sometimes better to go on line to Privilege and get a new quote (saved me £60 last year) and add the Mrs to the policy it actually goes down a few quid lol

Worth a try but CIS insurance can sometimes be much much cheaper than other insurers. Better for drivers with lower no-claims or lots of named drivers though.

was with cis for a while and they were pretty cheap, try virgin, ive renewed with them for the last few years, they even give you a discount for have virgin media!. The reason why the other companies quote stupid amounts is because they dont want to insure you, is probo becasue they wont make enough profit etc so they wack up the premiums. Ive got hgv class 1, psv (coach) 13years ncd, clean licence, i own an 1.6 03 stilo, and was quoted £1500 fully comp by one company, my insurance came in at £180 with the mrs included fully comp with virgin,

these companies are a pure joke.. Im the same.. no convictions, clean license.. yet the insurance goes up every year.. then you go through that threatening thing to customer relations, that you would leave and go else where then they give you a big £30 discount to keep the custom.. its like hiking the price first and then take some of it...

When I renewed by insurance from Prudential, I told them it was too expensive, otherwise I would of stayed. So they put me through to someone else and got my insurance reduced. I told them about quotes I got from another site which was lowers than theres. Well I stuck with them, quote was reduced by about £70.

I joined Prudential 2 years ago only because of the cashback I get from quidco. I received £100 cashback, excellent deal.

Check out Prudential, if you think they are okay then check out quidco. Ive been using quidco for a few years now and made about 300notes from cashback.

I've used Privilege for years m8, always come up well cheaper than anyone else :) just a couple of tips .. don't always accept their renewal offer, it's sometimes better to go on line to Privilege and get a new quote (saved me £60 last year) and add the Mrs to the policy it actually goes down a few quid lol

I also think priviledge are unbeatable.

The only time I left them was when I had to get a traders policy to insure a GTO Twin Turbo at 21 years old. ( they wanted £3500 )

Im now back with privilige who were £400 cheaper than anyone else , which is a massive saving !!:Clap:

I have been with Provident insurance for 15 yrs, full ncb, clean record, for my 2000 focus turbo diesel it costs me £200 fully comp inlcuding my partner as 2nd named driver, I've never been able to beat that on the web.

eSure were the cheapest quote for me - give them a try...

However, it's worth noting that after I rang up Direct Line to cancel, I was told that if I cancelled my existing policy and took out a new one on their site I would get it a hell of a lot cheaper than just renewing. I did, and it went down from £575 ish with protected no claims and legal help to just £325 ish for the same thing! I also managed to take advantage of the 12 months for the price of 10, and 0% interest on monthly payments ;)

I decided to stay with them because they were only £1.50 odd dearer than eSure, but I have multi-car discount on the wifes policy and home insurance with them also.

Bear it in mind when renewing though! ;)

My insurance is coming up for renewal, I will definately spend some time scouring the net to get the best quote. Lat year highest quote was £1200, ended up paying directline £400. as you say weres the logic in all of this ???

Think yourselves lucky, the minute Privilege heard I was from Northern Ireland they could not get the phone down quick enough!!

Our insurance over here is wild

i am with esure got the renewal figure did a serach for car insurance found one £90 cheaper, phoned esure and they matched the figure.

Was with Privelege for some time - but since i had a knock (third party hit my stationary car), i had a slight increase so looked around and been with Swift Cover for 2 years now and very happy. Cheapest around by far since I bought my latest car.

you luck i drive a 1988 mazda 323 1.5 and im paying 1800 because im 18 and no ncb and your compinging about 300 quid?! LOL

i had a 1.2 punto and had a quote for 5 grand, so i gave different address(not false details) and it dropped to 2700 which iwas paying that amount for 2-3 years, i finally got rid of it, got a volvo 1.8i and insurance dropped to 900 quid.

Just for your info, the following are all the same insurance co:

PRUDENTIAL
PRIVILEGE
DIRECT LINE
CHURCHILL
LLOYDS TSB
TESCO

All RBS (ROYAL BANK)........it's a flamin' con.

Same staff dealing with the different brands, and they have the cheek to charge different prices!

Just done a quote on privilage with 4 years no claims, 2000 annual mileage and no conviction, got quoted 1200 quid.

my actual annual mileage is around 24k, i have 3 points on my license lol imagine what they will quote then. rediculous. lucky its not time for me to renew.

insurance

my insurance from swinton was 580 fully comp no clains bonus break down cover phoned whitegates in london asked what my lowest quote was i told him 219 quid he phoned me back 10 mins later with a quote of 217 fully comp no claims bonus and breakdown cover i wonder are we being ripped off by these big companys

Was with MoreThan but have now switched over to eSure, got my Accord 2.4 Type-S Jap Barge insured with eSure for around 330 fully comp, protected, legal insurance etc.... Privilege wanted around 396, MoreThan wanted around 430.

Back