Car Insurance Question

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys need a bit of info....

Scenario:
2 cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 (Ins Group 4)
VW Golf 1.4 (Ins Group 4)

Same cover, named drivers, no claims, characteristics etc on both.....

Would one expect to pay to same amount of insurance on the Golf as they are on the 206 or would it be more as the Golf is seen as a more of an 'upmarket' car compared to the 206 bearing in mind both are in the same insurance group??

hey guys need a bit of info....

Scenario:
2 cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 (Ins Group 4)
VW Golf 1.4 (Ins Group 4)

Same cover, named drivers, no claims, characteristics etc on both.....

Would one expect to pay to same amount of insurance on the Golf as they are on the 206 or would it be more as the Golf is seen as a more of an 'upmarket' car compared to the 206 bearing in mind both are in the same insurance group??

Although they're both the same group, I'd actually expect the golf to be cheaper to insure. Depdning on your age of course, but the 206 is more of a younger persons car, with more chance of being crashed etc. The average age of a Golf driver is probably going to be more than a 206 - helping it a bit.
I remember when a mate got a quote on a 535d, and it was cheaper than an Ibiza or something, mainly because the average of the BMW driver is older.

There is also the question that the Golf is a more desirable car to steal. So may cost more.

a lot of different things get taken into account when insuring a vehicle, i..e car spec, value of car, car part value, easy to steel or probability of it getting stolen and etc.

so in short mate I would expect the golf to be more expensive to insure

Back