Car help please?

Which car?

• Total voters

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to pick a company car, but this time got some badges to decide between.

I'm currently driving a Kia Cee'D 2 hire vehicle, which I really like. Has good boot space, accelerates and handles well.

Can anyone offer any advice on which would be best suited for a family of 4?

They are all diesel and all 1.6l except the Merc which is 1.5l and I have a fuel card so fuel consumption is not a concern.

Last edited:
Driven new mondeo with that exact engine quite a few times, around town, open roads and motorway and its very, very good. Seriously large amount of space, handles well, quite, comfortable and economical. Looks are a little bland and some of the plastics aren't the best inside but you won't be disappointed.

Although the Mondeo will probably look the most dated of these cars it is probably the most suitable for use as a family car.
You say consumption is not a problem because you have a fuel card, but remember the car and the card are meant to be for Company use, there could be problems from either your Company or HMRC if the car and fuel card are being used widely as the family transport (particularly if the fuel card is being used in that context).

Although the Mondeo will probably look the most dated of these cars it is probably the most suitable for use as a family car.
You say consumption is not a problem because you have a fuel card, but remember the car and the card are meant to be for Company use, there could be problems from either your Company or HMRC if the car and fuel card are being used widely as the family transport (particularly if the fuel card is being used in that context).

It is used for private mileage, hence my non-existent tax relief!

Strange selection of cars the audi bmw ad merc are all little cars the Mondeo is a big car. (latest model is bigger than all previous models)

I have 2.0L Titanuim X so difficult to tell you how 1.6L eco will perform, i have just looked at sales blurb in book and the 1.6L looks ok seems its 160BHp and 0-62 is 9.2 so its not a slouch for a big car.

i find its very comfortable for high mileage use and Mrs drives it ok too.

i cant get anywhere near the published mpg figures though but like you i have a company fuel card so its not that important :) on all types of driving since i had this one ive been getting 44.9mpg.

I would'nt go for any of the 4 cars you have chosen I have a vauxhall astra elite 2.0ltr tdci 62 plate and its excellent on fuel and the boot space is ok for a family of 4 it is a roomy car and speed is there when needed it is a 165 bhp car also

Back