capture from HD video camera - help

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi

If footage is shot on a sony HD camera, can i use these DV tapes in another camera to take the footage of to the computer ? and would i need HD software or can i use any video software ?

Hi

If footage is shot on a sony HD camera, can i use these DV tapes in another camera to take the footage of to the computer ? and would i need HD software or can i use any video software ?
i would say if the other camera was HD and also used the DV tapes yes as for software i think u need video capture software and i would say would have to be HD compatable

am doomed,

do you know if you can capture video using a usb cable from the camera to the computer or does it HAVE to be firewire ?

You can use USB 2 to transfer them it will work just as well.

:)

Messa

how ? as everytime i use the usb in adobe premier it says video camera offline, and on the camera screen it just says it wants to transfer pics from the memory card

how ? as everytime i use the usb in adobe premier it says video camera offline, and on the camera screen it just says it wants to transfer pics from the memory card

lol I have no idea how unless you tell me what camera it is !!

Your question was originally does it have to be firewire or can you use usb2, and my answer is yes you can use USB2 for HD transfer, no it does not have to be i-link.

lol I have no idea how unless you tell me what camera it is !!

Your question was originally does it have to be firewire or can you use usb2, and my answer is yes you can use USB2 for HD transfer, no it does not have to be i-link.

lol my question is all over the place as am stressed lol, shouldnt have left this last min,

model number is above,

I need to get this footage of this camera using prem pro with the usb cable lol

Well that model has a usb output so you shouldn't be having any trouble.

Ignore the above,just found this.

"You can't import movies through USB.

It's gotta be done via firewire, and it's real time"

Last edited:
lol my question is all over the place as am stressed lol, shouldnt have left this last min,

model number is above,

I need to get this footage of this camera using prem pro with the usb cable lol

lol mate i was only kidding myself, no problem.

Daz is right, on this particular model the USB is for Still image access, you need to use iLink for transfer, sorry.

Messa

ah man - thanks for the help guys

is ilink a special cable or the same as normal firewire cable IEEE 1394

Back