Cant connect second wireless to livebox

{hell}gamer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, merry xmas.

Quick question:

Does anybody know if the Wanadoo Livebox only accepts connections from the supplied usb wifi adaptor ?

I want to connect 2 pc's by wireless, the first is ok using the supplied usb wifi stick, the second is using a belkin usb wifi. The belkin connects, but does not get an ip, then disconnects, this repeats forever until it's disabled.

I've tried static ip's, tried turning off security, re-installed drivers etc etc.
Running Netstumbler tells me the connection is stable and therefore the hardware is ok.
If I plug the supplied inventel usb wifi into the box its connects 1st time. Has anyone else connected to a Wanadoo livebox with a non Wanadoo wifi stick ??

Have you checked to see if MAC filtering is enabled on the Router m8 ?

Cheers

Hi

Yes i've tried all the obvious stuff, when adding a wifi to the livebox you have to press a button to enable "pairing" when this is done the mac addy of the usb wifi stick appears in the list on the livebox setup. So Its connecting, with a static ip messenger tries to connect, but then the connection dies and this repeats. Once paired the mac stays in the livebox "attached devices" list.

Back