Can't connect HD9000 to Superhub

mariner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have previously had problems connecting to the superhub but I've been okay for a couple of months. There has been an auto firmware update to the VM Superhub, since that happened I can't connect the Spiderbox to the hub.

I've set the Spiderbox to:

IP Address 192.168.000.020

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.000

Gateway 192.168.000.001

1st DNS 192.168.000.001

2nd DNS 192.168.000.001

In the Superhub menu I've entered the IP and MAC to allowed devices in MAC filtering as I know there have been problems with the Superhub blocking the Spiderbox. Still, no network connection.

Any help appreciated.

Sorry I've no experience with the Superhub but when you say you have set the Spiderbox IP address do you mean in the Spiderbox or the Superhub? If in the Spiderbox then set the Network Settings to "Auto" also my 2nd DNS is all zero's.
Then reboot the Spiderbox (mains off then on again) you might also have to reboot the Superhub.

Thanks for the advice, I got it working. Don't really know how! Hopefully it will stay stable.

Jimi, I am having problems with Sky 3D scarmbling quite a lot, every minute or so so it's unwatchable. Any idea why it would only affect this channel please? Or what I should be checking? I used UCAS (is it UCAS?) and set the longitude / lattitude. Got a 1meter motorised dish.

hi bud,

The superhub is notorious for connection issues with the spiderbox, especially if you opt to go wireless - that could the a cause of your issues, if it's not the server..

I didn't even bother trying to connect to my superhub, instead I paired it up with with my old wrn2000 router and put the superhub in 'modem mode'. I'd advise to do the same if you have a router about. Google "superhub modem mode" Good luck

Thanks Jon, I've done that using an old D Link router. It works straight away, even Sly 3D is a lot smoother now too. Thanks, hopefully sorted once and for all.

Back