Cancel Your Orange Contratct For FREE!!

Kaber

Inactive User
Reaction score
Orange are making substantial changes to their pricing policy - in particular there’ll be changes made to costs for web access form your mobile, and the cost of calls not included in your plan (the likes of 0870 numbers and calls made beyond your allowance) will rise from 5p to 14.7p a minute. Many customers have received a text from Orange to make them aware of the changes, which come into force from mid-September. As far as we can figure out, these changes are set to affect all customers.

Basically it means that if you have a contract with Orange, you can get it canceled for free. Any phones/other gifts you received from the contract can be kept by the customer.

I have just canceled my 18-month Orange contract which I have had since April for nothing. I have been able to keep my mobile phone in the process (which I will no doubt sell) then get another contract with a better phone. As you can read by the comments on the site below, there are a lot of people doing this.

Could be an interesting read for those who are stuck on an Orange contract.

Read more here on details of their t&c's breach - http://www.bitterwallet.com/orange-i...contract/15723

If they say they won't cancel the contract. Say to them "My contract started 'XX' will the changes in the charges affect my current tariff".

If they say No, ask them why it won't. If they say Yes however quote them on their own T&C's

“4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment. In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:

“4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period.”

Just called Orange...1st woman refused to cancel and put phone down on me..Called back and bloke cancelled it without any issues!!!

Iphone 3GS methinks now :)

i just got an N97 on orange about 2 weeks ago i wonder if i can chance my arm with this?

wat exactly do i say, what if they say i have never rang 0870 numbersm, cuz they tried that last time

i called them today
and a lovely lady answered the call
ended up with lower tariff with unlimited fone internet / unlimted texts/400 mins

.. i did mention that they have increased the call charges, and she said you dont go over your mins, and i said i dont know whats going to happen tomorrow.

she was happy to do it.
thanks for the ideas guys

great post!!
just a pisser that i'm not with orange!!

orange have callcelled the new policy change that was meant to becoming in sep just got of the phone with them so every thing will be the same as it is now

awh well...... a good few people i know mangaed to get there's cancelled!

Buggers!

orange have callcelled the new policy change that was meant to becoming in sep just got of the phone with them so every thing will be the same as it is now

get that in writing m8 ... remember if you do not cancel within 1 month of recieving the text notification of changes in charges then this means you accept their terms and no longer have right to cancel due to breach of contract. I would suggest you get them to send you a text message or letter stating that they are no longer pursuing their new tariff charges as you have previously been told.

Back