Can you use usb internet dongle to recieve c-line share

Diddy

Inactive User
Reaction score
As per title I asked the same Q about the DM500s now im asking it about the TM600s - Could you just plug the dongle straight into the TM600s usb slot and be up and running for cs - Or like the dm500 do you need to use a 3g router ?

Hi in reply to your question I found this a few days ago:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/221127/

Now I was going to try this route myself as I do not have a landline and quite frankly the way the isp's are having to obey new legislation I don't think I will be signing up for some time.

I have thought and thought on this now with my plan dongle stuck into a sat dish to obtain the best signal to and from dongle then connected to a 3 g router (ebay) then ethernet plug using the house power lines then ethernet plug again finally connecting to a (and this will make people laugh as I have no receiver suitable for this (still looking at discussions on here)) With the speed I get I do not see why it can not cope with the demands of cs (if others disagree please add your thoughts) Also some thing for you techno buffs what about 4g when it arrives? This will supposedly give even more speed up and down then landlines are capable off remembering ofcourse that in rural areas some people are very lucky to get 1mb or less speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
i could be wrong but i am sure i have read somewhere as i was thinking of getting a protek a long while back and i had no broadband and the answer i read was you could connect your receiver to your laptop /pc with a cross over ethernet cable and then your usb 3g internet dongle in usb port on laptop pc .
the theory being your laptop/pc connects to internet via dongle then your stb is connecting to the network via ethernet ports on box and pc with crossover cable.
i never tried as i did not get the protek box
but i am sure i read this works others with more knowledge could confirm or deny
just a thought

Now I was going to try this route myself as I do not have a landline and quite frankly the way the isp's are having to obey new legislation I don't think I will be signing up for some time.

As the operators of the 3G dongle internet services are themselves ISP's it really wont matter either way. They will have to obey the same legislation as all other ISP's

I do understand what your saying nozzer but I cant think how they would have to implement it over the gsm network............I admit I know very little about writing programs that could monitor peoples downloading habits....... having said that the only info that would be being uploaded or downloaded are key info for encryption is that correct? So it would mean nothing to whoever/whatever was monitoring, would you agree?

Back