Can a Dreambox cache?

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Normally my picture is fine but when it is windy it sometimes breaks up. Is there a way you can perhaps increase the amount of memory allocated for caching purposes?

I don't mind if it's a few seconds behind real time as long as the picture is stable.

Sorry, I have a DM 500s. Perhaps the bigger more expensive models have a larger memory for cache?

This is technical but short answer is no.
The streaming signal that you receive is live, so if bits are missed or contain errors then you cant get that same bit of live streaming again. Digital broadcasts already contain an error correction (aka FEC) which makes the stream more stable but in reality if the wind makes you 'miss' bits of signal then its missed fullstop. So memory or cache is irrelevant to the problem.

In part this can be a problem sometimes with cardshare too. If your emu is answering with an ecm reply that has just updated/rolled then its answering wrong. It realises and updates quick enough to keep clearing a picture but you have some 'errors' and your picture contains glitches and break up -no extra cache or memory will fix that.

Answer: You need to make the stream more stable & without errors. Fix your dish so it dont wobble in the wind lol.

Thanks Pinky, it's only on some Pirate stuff, so not to big a problem, but can't make my pole anymore stable than it is. :(

Think we have some high winds on the way too.

Back