Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

camera probs!

dandare

Inactive User
hey folks, i recently got my d100 serviced. before when i connected to my comp. it'd give me the option of opening as a folder, or via my comp>it looked like a oportable hd. now after the service the comp recognises it as a camera and displays an icon for it, i can open the icon but the files have a graphic landscape( default thing?) instead of just the file. i think this is because i shoot raw files? anyone is there anyway to sort my comp. so that when i connect the camera to transfer images, it'll recognise it as a hd with folders/files? this new way is rotten and making me pull my hair out as i can't figure ouyt why it would change since the service, unless the service has done something to it?
any help appreciated
ta
dan.

what make is this d100......is it the old canon....why are you not useing a card reader ?
a card reader is much faster and safer than attaching your camera to pc via the cable...to easy to catch the cable with your arm/leg/dog/cat/ and bump, its on floor and broke.
card readers don't cost much these days...
did you leave the card in it whilst it was being repaired, if so it could be damaged or it needs reformating in camera...don't format card via pc...do it in camera.

what make is this d100......is it the old canon....why are you not useing a card reader ?
a card reader is much faster and safer than attaching your camera to pc via the cable...to easy to catch the cable with your arm/leg/dog/cat/ and bump, its on floor and broke.
card readers don't cost much these days...
did you leave the card in it whilst it was being repaired, if so it could be damaged or it needs reformating in camera...don't format card via pc...do it in camera.

no it's an old nikon, no card reader as i'm a lazy/tight git, but like ye say i'm fed up waiting for transfer and cables dangling!! i'm getting a couple of new cf cards so i'll be getting a reader as well!
ye the card was with the camera during service but i formatted it on collection bbefore starting work with it. just can't get my head round why the comp acts differently with it after the service???!!!

just transfered some images, once i take them from the camera cf to a new folder they come up as i expect, a standard nef raw file!

Well it's working so that's Good!
But if I was you, go n buy a card reader.....7dayshop.com has quite a few that's only about £3.99p or thereabouts...But a Fast un would be better...You won't regret it, Honest.

Back