Call Of Duty MW3 what a disapointment especially on 360

prag

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been playing COD since the 1st release on PC some years back. I enjoyed the last one Black OPs but Im afraid I am very disappointed with MW3 especially on the 360.
The maps are way to busy with far too many corners and blocks etc. I find them irritating and all very very similar. The combat system is far too erratic and makes for annoying gaming. Whats far worse though is the amount of hacking (script kiddie stuff not real hacking) and xbox live or activision dont seem to give a dam. After doing some research Ive found a number of public hacks available for the 360 version and theres me thinking as an xbox live subscriber I was supposed to be protected from this sort of rubbish. Also to note that Activision have been publicly seeking people to go and vote for the game using the meta critic system, it would seem that it has a very low meta critic score of just 2.7 wonder why that is. Not sure how the game is on PS3 but on PC and 360 I have to say Im very very disapointed and I Would urge others not to buy this game its the worst by far in the Call of Duty Franchise. Dont know what any of you guys think but Im going back to black ops and Halo Reach and gonna stay there for my Multi player experience I think.

I'm playing it on the PS3, the single player is good but the multiplayer is no where near as good as i expected it to be. So many problems online, LAG and time to join matches is one of my main gripes with the game.

I personally prefer Black Ops and Battlefield 3.

I'm playing it on the 360 and I'm puzzled as to why Prag isn't enjoying the game.

So far I've had zero lag and matches start almost instantly. I'm not a massive COD fan but AFAICS this is just more of the same, it's exactly what I expected it to be.

What are these hacks you are talking about Prag?

I'll install it onto my PS3 later and see if there is any difference.

I'm playing it on the 360 and I'm puzzled as to why Prag isn't enjoying the game.

So far I've had zero lag and matches start almost instantly. I'm not a massive COD fan but AFAICS this is just more of the same, it's exactly what I expected it to be.

What are these hacks you are talking about Prag?

I'll install it onto my PS3 later and see if there is any difference.

I have to say Ive had similar problems joining an game on xbox live. It keeps saying cant get into the servers half the time. But having said that I agree with Darrens assessment on the multi-player, just not my game this one very disappointed. Blacks OPs im staying with Im afraid I will play thru the single player for the achievements but thats about it.

theres nothing wrong with it except the new one isnt made for campers or people who rely on killstreaks, the only people ive heard bitching about it on my friends list are the campers,

i got hammered until i stuck at it and learned the maps and what guns are good for what maps (unlike old cods it does pay to change your loadout on different maps).

ive a funny feeling that prag has been getting hammered on it so like one or two friends of mine have instantly decided they dont like it, stick at it i changed two friends minds after i virtually made them carry on, now they love it and are in front on the old k/d ratio....funny they love it now there not getting owned lol.

as for the hacks ummm, coloured clan tags that will be patched but thats been on most cod games.... glitches out of maps again been on most cods and they got patched the same day they got revealed unlike a lot of other cods where it was left to run.

theres nothing wrong with the game believe me just stick at it...

oh on a side note i play the real mans game of hardcore mode the only gripe i have with ALL cod games is the standard mode where you need to spray 10,00000 bullets into someone only for them to turn and kill you in one shot... if thats whats happening to prag he needs to hardcore mode instead as thats where the better player play, leave the spray and pray kids in normal tdm.

I find I do a lot better in the hardcore game modes since there are no toys for people to kill me with. :)

Can someone set my mind at rest, are there or are there not any kind of Wall-hack/Aim-Bot setups for these games?

I suspect I'm just shit at the game, but sometimes I can't help but think certain players are cheating.

It can take me upto 10 mins to get a game on ps3 !
The server connect timeouts are HORRENDOUS and so fustrating.MY friends parties get broke up all the time , lag is sometimes ridiculous .
They really need to sort it , apart from connection issues i reckon its almost identical to MW2 .
Some of the maps are cool , one of the maps i HATE is seatown .
I tend to play free for all , i hate campers !

i play on the 360 and personally i love all the CODS i nevr play campaigns it is all about the multiplayer for me

i'v thought cod was a crock of sh1t since i bought cod 4, it paled in comparison in every way to bf2 (in my opinion)

mw is more for (run and gun fast fun) bf is for (right lets plan how we're going to do this then go)
there is NOTHING more satisfying than being a member of a good squad in battlefield

Except sex, but a round on bf lasts longer

i must admitt i have been playing on the 360 since it came out have had some lagg in the first few days online but now it plays just fine i must admit apart from the single player campagin and the change of the maps there is no difference but its all about the story line to me after playin 1 2 and nw 3...you do have to realise how much a hit of mw2 was so they should of expected mw3 to be the same and made the server alot better before realesing the game..

But i must say i love it...aint got bf3 but have heard its menat to be a real good game

Maps for me are very poor and the fact that i seem to die after one hit, when i empty a whole mag into some one, they still run away. Still fun to be had but i can see a trade in coming in the months to come for bf3 or counter strike.

Maps for me are very poor and the fact that i seem to die after one hit, when i empty a whole mag into some one, they still run away. Still fun to be had but i can see a trade in coming in the months to come for bf3 or counter strike.

Same thing happens to me...

Traded mine in after a few days and bought a proper game.

Skyrim

Connection issues are most probably down to people's nat being strict.

Thommo if you say that it isn't made for campers or kill streakers then it sounds great!

Connection issues are most probably down to people's nat being strict.

Thommo if you say that it isn't made for campers or kill streakers then it sounds great!

I thought it might by my NAT settings giving me crap connection but I've opened ports etc so the NAT settings are open instead of strict but this made no noticeable difference. The connection has improved slightly with the last few patches they've released though.

There are plenty of campers in this game, don't know if I just attract them or what :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it annoys the hell out of me sometimes buts thats just when i have the game where i get owned, it aint often but i find most who moan are in the same boat but probably more often than me hence they start to hate it.

best class to avoid those who do get streaks (heli's ect....)

personal favourite

acr 6.8 red dot and silencer (silencer important for uav)
blindeye
assasin pro
dead silence
those three will help loads no showing up on uav, predator missiles dont see you, heli's dont see you, the sentry guns dont see you ect... so you never get killed by a streak weapon, you basically only die by gunfire from the other team.

dead silence means what it is your silent no players can hear you coming with the turtle beach headsets on so they dont get time to turn and wait for you coming, believe me you make a racket when you run walk to players using those headsets.

and i forget the name but its the proximity sensor (lets you know when there coming behind you)

as for kill streaks if you think you can get a streak go for care package, air strike and helicopter. seems to work well for me.
if you dont think you can get streaks use support instead and use fake care package ive had 3 or 4 kills a few times with the greedy other team all trying to get it, sam turret to take the heli's down and stealth bomber to get you some kills, remember using support it doesnt matter if you die they continue to add up unlike assault where you need to get kills without dying.

set yourself up with that and end up getting 20 plus kills a game with few deaths.

i average between 15 and 25 per game using that setup and ive even done a 33 - 8 in one game. (ALL HARDCORE TEAM DEATHMATCH GAMES)

another tip dont play the gay normal mode it takes forever to kill people and if theres any lag you will die even if you shoot first.

hardcore mode all the way no constant uav in the corner and it is more realistic with only a few shots to kill people.

Last edited:
Whats far worse though is the amount of hacking (script kiddie stuff not real hacking) and xbox live or activision dont seem to give a dam. After doing some research Ive found a number of public hacks available for the 360 version and theres me thinking as an xbox live subscriber I was supposed to be protected from this sort of rubbish.

I'm still looking for evidence on this.

I don't want to sound cheeky but it sounds like you just aren't very good at the game and are assuming others are cheating because they are better than you. Don't worry though as I've felt the same way many times, so much so that I've scoured the net for evidence of hacks and there is none.

All I can find is some glitches for Double XP and some crap that allows you to change colours in your clan tag, hardly enough to put anyone off playing a game unlike real hacks such as Aim-Bots and Wallhacks etc.

Unless of course you can prove otherwise.

there are no hacks, if there was any they would be on se7en sins in an instant... prestige glitch and coloured clan stuff is as far as it goes and non of it affects you in game.

only thing that is shit now is they have taken the team kill out of the game rendering most air stikes useless as you get a death if your jets hit a team mate.

if people dont want team killing then they could play the normal mode, they've ruined hardcore mode.

Last edited:
Back