New Smart 4k Tv

icemen

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Peepz

Didn't know where to post this so put it in general chat.

Just bought my kid a ps4 pro for his b'day. Looking to get him a telly to get the most out of it. budget around £600.
I've seen these tvs below in curry pc world, what do you think? or any suggestions welcome.
Anyone know the lifespan of nano crystal tvs?

LG 49SJ810V 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
SONY BRAVIA KD49XE8396 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
PANASONIC TX-50EX700B 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

thankz

I bought the Panny mentioned above at xmas for my lads bedroom . I aint a gamer but he says its excellent and far better than the 1080p sammy he had previously . something like 12 ms game lag and spot on for gaming according to reviews i read before buying. I bought from John Lewis and got it actually cheaper than currys where I went to view it . JL guarantee is better imo than currys. TV easy to set up and looks stunning on 4k planet earth 2

I just got a Sony Bravia 4K android and the picture is amazing even on HD. Plus can load all they special apps ;)

Yeah, Got a few apps loaded. Perfect Player, STB and free movie streams that was posted on the boards from alimac
Movie HD Lite
Any good for Sport? Football really, I'm covered for movies & boxsets but struggle to get decent quality 'free' football, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
HH.

some model TVs from makers such as Sammy, sony and Lg you can load smart IPTV app which does away for the need of a separate iptv box
oh I get ya, I was thinking of going for the LG as the picture quality seems a lot better then the others I seen in the shop, so I should be able to load the apps on that aswell ;-)

@HappyH try v-sat & ctay apk has loads sport ctay needs you to register though both free

oh I get ya, I was thinking of going for the LG as the picture quality seems a lot better then the others I seen in the shop, so I should be able to load the apps on that aswell ;-)

no m8, that paticular lg model is webos based,,,,,,you need an android smart tv like the sony bravia model above-----not sure about the panasonic ??

Not on your list but the recent Hisense range of TV's are no good for apks either shame.

Good quality budget Tv's in my opinion.

no m8, that paticular lg model is webos based,,,,,,you need an android smart tv like the sony bravia model above-----not sure about the panasonic ??
Oh sh!t ive a look at the sony bravia then which is android so can put iptv on that. Can you do it also i think on the samsungs?

Oh sh!t ive a look at the sony bravia then which is android so can put iptv on that. Can you do it also i think on the samsungs?

No m8, only the Sony TV's out of those are android.

How does the android os run on Sony tv's, from what I have read it's not great....

Is it really worth having android on the TV? I expect a TV to last a good 10 years android tech on the other hand is out of date every 2 years and an Android box is only £50 anyway, So is it not better just to buy a box every few years?

I have the Samsung UE55MU6400 bought from Richer sounds with a 6 year warranty for £599 and its an amazing tv. You can also install the smart IPTV app which I use and it runs perfect

Back