buying a bmw advice

Satz

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey i been looking around at buying a 1996 e36 bmw has anyone owned one and any advice i seen some on autotrader and they have high milage like 130k but will it be alright if it has full service history

hey i been looking around at buying a 1996 e36 bmw has anyone owned one and any advice i seen some on autotrader and they have high milage like 130k but will it be alright if it has full service history

Mate, I had one for about 3 years - really nice cars if you look after properly. High milage won;t be an issue if it has full service history.

The only major problem I had with mine was the fuel pump died but that was easy enough to fix.

Also make sure the break lights work! Common fault….

I bought one just under a year ago with 117k on the clock, the clock was a replacement, so I didn't know the genuine mileage.
It cost me a grand.

FF Sun roof, dark blue, a few rust spots, but otherwise very tidy bodywork.
The seats were a bit shabby, but at that age, you can't expect anything else.

Decent engine, very nippy 316i

It was a total impulse buy on the way home from work.

I had to spend a good few hundred quid on it to get it through the MOT a couple of months after buying it.

It was going to cost me a fortune getting it through it's next MOT (suspension).

In short...I was stung good & proper.

Driving it was great, but I felt as if I was falling into the seat rather than sitting down on it (if that makes sense).

I traded it in for an MPV (best decision I made) trade in was £200.

Even though I was humped, the one you're looking at may be a lot better.

Bear in mind, it's an 18 year old car, so don't pay over the odds for it.

Good luck.

ok thanks guys i seen one on trader, it looks nice but on the other hand i got a good offer from a geeza selling a golf tdi black at 1999 just done under 100k

i could probley get him to about £2300 and the bmw on autotrader is going about same aswell. although the bmw looks nice the millage is putting me off a bit, incase any parts i need to fix or add. i contacted the golf seller on ebay he goes hes fitted new alternator on, new battery and new tensioner belt. and theres no previouse mots except for the one he got done when he bought it. so what you think guys

Back