Button Paid His Way to Title.

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
Formula One world champion Jenson Button has admitted it was a luxury to travel on team-mate Rubens Barrichello's private jet after financing the majority of his own flights from race to race this season.
The 29-year-old Briton secured the drivers' championship for himself and the constructors' title for Brawn GP with a fifth-placed finish at the Brazilian Grand Prix, with just the final round in Abu Dhabi now remaining.
The win rounded-off an outstanding season for the fledgling outfit, which made a remarkable comeback from the edge of extinction when Honda withdrew from the sport last December.
Newly-crowned champion Button took a £5million pay cut to drive with the rookie team and revealed on his return to Britain that he had travelled between grand prix on budget airlines paid for out of his own pocket.
"I paid for pretty much all my travel this season," he said.
"I went on a lot of smaller airlines, but it wasn't a big deal. We all give up certain things when times get tough.
"And, to be fair, when you get a chance to drive the car I'm driving you'd give up pretty much anything."

MSN 21st October

Lets see what he is expecting to get paid next year. Would be interesting if Brawn GP can't/won't match his asking price despite all the media hype!!!

Back