Bulldog Broadband

S

ste_d73

Hi, Anyone have any experience of using Bulldog. They've just been taken over by C&W I think. I wonder if this is a good or bad thing. They seem pretty cutting edge with the sppeeds they offer etc....but with so many ISP'S who's top (bull)dog at the mo? Opinions? :Cheers:

I've been researching ADSL companies for a migration and considered Bulldog but if you look at the comparrisions on ADSL Guide their "real" speed as opposed to advertised is less than BT - and that is far worse that Zen or Pipex. After my 1MB upgrade I will be going to Pipex as they have a good rating, speed and price.

I had't hadn't heard about the C& W take over - this was taken form BD website - "Bulldog was bought by Cable and Wireless plc in May 2004, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary. "

Also worthy of note - a post on the register mentions this "Communications regulator Ofcom is investigating broadband ISP - Bulldog Communications - following a complaint about "unfair contract terms".

Details of the complaint, however, remain sketchy. A brief statement on Ofcom's web site reads: "Ofcom has received a complaint about terms in Bulldog Communications' contract 'Bulldog Broadband Alltime Terms and Conditions', and is investigating whether any terms may be unfair."

A spokesman for Bulldog - which has been dogged by network problems recently - confirmed that it was aware of the complaint and would respond in due course.

Steer clear I think m8 - take a look at Pipex they are number 4 in the speed ratings - Virgin were number 2.

Thanks for that....Anyone else have any experience of good/bad isp's :Cheers:

Back