BT Home Wireless Monitoring System Alarm

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
£58.69

http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?
catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=20003706&pid=2&tid=1

£179.99 from bt.com and £100 at pcworld

have to subscribe to a monitoring service which is around £5 per month, first 3 months are free

Description
TheBT Home Wireless Monitoring System Alarm is a complete protection system for your home that alerts you to potential emergencies wherever you are.

What is BT Home Monitoring?

BT Home Monitoring offers round the clock protection for your home and family, with wireless sensors linked to an Internet monitoring service.

The monitoring service sends alerts via text message, email and fixed line phone within the UK when triggered by a security incident.

What does BT Home Monitoring offer?

Home protection - sensors are placed around your home to detect intruders or the threat of fire (fire detection requires smoke detectors - sold separately)
Personal protection - the panic alarm function allows people inside your home to summon help in an emergency
Intruder deterrence - the loud internal warning siren will deter potential intruders
Easy installation - all components are pre-programmed for immediate use, without complex wiring
Real time response - sends alerts via text message, email and fixed line phone within the UK if your home is under threat (call charges apply).
Control and assurance - build an 'electronic neighbourhood watch' of trusted friends and neighbours.
Remote monitoring - see the status of your home online any time, from anywhere.
For use in any home - the starter kit suits a small to medium sized home.
Please note: this product comes with 3-month free monitoring service, not 12 months as stated on the packaging.

I have a Menvier SD1+ connecred to my existing intruder alarm.
It dials my mobile in the event of an alarm, then the wife's mobile, then the father in law if I don't acknowledge the first call.
You only pay for the phonecalls !!!!!

It also sends different messages for intruder, fire or panic attack.

Curly

£58.69

http://www.saverstore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?
catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=20003706&pid=2&tid=1

£179.99 from bt.com and £100 at pcworld

have to subscribe to a monitoring service which is around £5 per month, first 3 months are free

Description
TheBT Home Wireless Monitoring System Alarm is a complete protection system for your home that alerts you to potential emergencies wherever you are.

What is BT Home Monitoring?

BT Home Monitoring offers round the clock protection for your home and family, with wireless sensors linked to an Internet monitoring service.

The monitoring service sends alerts via text message, email and fixed line phone within the UK when triggered by a security incident.

What does BT Home Monitoring offer?

Home protection - sensors are placed around your home to detect intruders or the threat of fire (fire detection requires smoke detectors - sold separately)
Personal protection - the panic alarm function allows people inside your home to summon help in an emergency
Intruder deterrence - the loud internal warning siren will deter potential intruders
Easy installation - all components are pre-programmed for immediate use, without complex wiring
Real time response - sends alerts via text message, email and fixed line phone within the UK if your home is under threat (call charges apply).
Control and assurance - build an 'electronic neighbourhood watch' of trusted friends and neighbours.
Remote monitoring - see the status of your home online any time, from anywhere.
For use in any home - the starter kit suits a small to medium sized home.
Please note: this product comes with 3-month free monitoring service, not 12 months as stated on the packaging.

Is it possible to use this unit without the 'Real Time Response' & 'Remote Monitoring' functions? Or do they need to be in place and working for the unit to function properly?

:)

Is it possible to use this unit without the 'Real Time Response' & 'Remote Monitoring' functions? Or do they need to be in place and working for the unit to function properly?

No idea.

I bought one back last September and it's still in the box

Once I do get around to fitting I'll try and find out or maybe someone else has the answer

No idea.

I bought one back last September and it's still in the box

Once I do get around to fitting I'll try and find out or maybe someone else has the answer

So they work so well you don't even need to take them out of the box! lol

Now that is no wires no mess ;)

So they work so well you don't even need to take them out of the box! lol

Now that is no wires no mess ;)

Thats right!!

Just took the "This House Is Protected By...." sticker out and stuck it on the window

I have the Yale wire free alarm system and find it brilliant have had it working for 4 years now with the same batteries and never once a false alarm. You can put in i think 6 numbers into the control panel so if it goes off , it will ring the numbers

I have the Yale wire free alarm system and find it brilliant have had it working for 4 years now with the same batteries and never once a false alarm. You can put in i think 6 numbers into the control panel so if it goes off , it will ring the numbers

4 years is pretty good going if they never need charging and keep charge off solar power?

Looking into a wireless alarm at the moment.

well i think its time i invested in one of hese buggers and at 60 notes you cant go wrong,

The way the Yale alarm works is, the door contacts and pirs have non chargable batteries in them, when the alarm is off or on the pirs go into sleep mode when their isnt any movement so conserve battery energy. I also have smoke detectors linked off it and its so easy to install.
Hope its of some help to someone.

was looking at the Yale one @ Homebase / Argos for £199, dont know whether to go for this or the BT one..

Back