BT - fecking rip of con men!!!

but you still have to pay line rental to someone, be it bulldog or BT. You dont get it for free as someother company will need to be paying BT for it.

nah ya dont mate, ive been on the phone to bt and bulldog over past few days and found out that bt dont even need to activate the line as bulldog can even do that (previously i thought only bt could activate it), bt charge 125quid for a new activation and bulldog do the same job for 30quid, big difference, eh ?? lol, so then you just pay bulldog 19.99per month for unlimited BB and free 24/7 phone calls, the calls even include free calls to various different countries, and this way you pay zero to bt, not even a rental.

Be aware though, if you need your line activated, when you ask most companies they say they cant do that and you need bt to do it and pay bt a rental etc afterwards, well i just found out as i said, from the horse's mouth (bt) that nope, you can get mostly any company to do it, guy says it just that nearly all of them will avoid this, i found bulldog will do it though :)

of course you are paying BT, its there network that Bulldog are using.

Previously, companies like Bulldog would offer you a plan for a tenner, and you had to pay line rental to BT. Now it has changed, and you pay the line rental to which ever company you get your phone service from...

errm ? i dont get what you mean, your rental may be included in the price you pay bulldog, but you dont pay anything to bt, no contract at all with bt, only bulldog.

20quid a month, or to be exact 19.99, that gets you unlimited BB and free phone calls 24/7 and free international calls too, thats it.

Now, lol, either ive not heard these people correctly on the phone from bt and bulldog/tiscali past 7 days or they are telling me porky pies, dont go with what it says on the websites either, they says dont go with the info from the website, that was tiscali (who own bulldog).

anyways, just thought i would say.

I was also asking about the bt vision thing, i says, does the picture not breakup etc, they says no-no-no, i says, how do you get work that out then over an internet connection ?? they says its digital, i says eh ?? they says through the roof aerial, i says yes that would be setanta maybe, they agreed, i says what about the games that are live you have live scotland internationals etc that are normally on sky, they says yes we cover them too, i says yes but that would be through the internet connection and theres no way an internet connection such as 3 or 4mb can show perfect full screen tv pictures live, they says ohh yes they can, lol, i says bullshit........

so does anyone know how this really works as these clowns on the phone talking about bt vision clearly dont have a scooby doo man, lol ?

Lol they say live?

Do you mean they said they stream footy matches live over BT Vision itself?

I have the full package but mainly for our lass and the kids as I am not really a TV buff. But if they do stream matches then that will be a bonus for me, an excuse to take over the TV for a night, I do have Setanta but it is connected to my old digi box which the card will not work in the BT Vision thing, I tried and failed, lol. And try telling our lass that I need to plug in the old box to watch footy, hmm. (Nah she is cool really, can watch footy when I like.)

I would love to watch Scottish international matches live, so I imagine if they say this is true then it will be for every BT Vision customer, not just Scotland as it will be sent over the internet.

Also as you say, they will have to have one heck of a system in place to stream live footy without any breakups. Also it will be a fair few seconds behind.

I personally think the person you were talking to was a little clueless, I just can't see it working.

Do you think they were getting the BBC live terrestrial footy mixed up? But then again, as you say if Sky air the Scottish matches then surely BT vision do not have the rights?

I have just had a brain wave and I think the person you are talking to may be getting live footy and 'On Demand' replays mixed up. I know they do show a lot of footy on the sports on demand, but never really looked into what as have had a lot on since we ordered it, so never really looked into what you actually get for your cash.

Vision does work over the internet. Stuff is streamed live, there are very few problems with picture breakup and such. But you cannot be downloading a very large file, and watch tv at the same time, as it does effect eachother. Vision is essentially a freeview box, with the ability to stream stuff off web, and also record tv.

Personally I wouldn't go with Bulldog/tiscali. They are notorious for putting too many people on the fat pipe, slowing down internet speeds at all times, not just peak. Vision I believe is only available through BT and not other providers, so I guess you will be paying something to BT. I aint sure on that point though, cos I aint been to work for a month. Yes I work for BT as an engineer lol.

The bulldog scheme is called local loop unbunduling, where they basically put there own equipment into the exchange, and use BTs network to offer services. Word of warning, if your internet was shit with BT, then it aint going to get any better with any other SP. Do not fall into this trap, when changing ISPs as only your provider changes, and not your line.

Vision, it is VOD not streamed live!, Sultana offer sports package via your TV Aerial using a card placed in the vision box.The sports packages on Vision are VOD, the premier games are streamed (not live streams) at about 10.00pm following that days matches via VOD the only football you will see live is via Sultana through the Vision box via aerial and sometimes it's crap because Sultana compress big style and it's not BT's fault before anyone asks.

S*y equivalent VOD is totally crap and not in the same class, Vision is an excellent product and I believe in the near future you will be able to pick it up via an XBOX 360,also I believe they are going to allow other ISP's access to the Vision portfolio.

If you only want vision progs on an adhoc basis then it's brilliant if you wish to be tied into S*Y for a years contract and don't watch all of the stuff they offer in your contract then head for VOD

The majority of ISP's who are not BT use Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) to provide high speed internet. The do this by placing their own equipment in the exchange.

An awful lot of ISP's are NOT using LLU as the space created in the exchanges are not being used up due to the fact after all the screaming by ISP's for access they are finding they can't afford it due to low customer base. Carphone,Orange and dare I say S*y and the like were shouting for this and they haven't taken up the option due to churn, so whilst they may give loads of soundbites, it is a loss maker for them as the real money is in the Mob phone or the Sat contract and the so called FREE BB is something to entice as an add on, " Oh we're getting something/BB for free".... Really?!!!!!.

Hi Karym,
we've done a load of Compressions at various exchanges e.g Durham, wallsend,& Ashington along with washington etc.Space has been waitng for over a year and they ain't took it up as you say depends on area.

Thinks you deffo need a card for Sultana via vision remember reading on Digi Spy where cards were delayed.

Hi Karym,
we've done a load of Compressions at various exchanges e.g Durham, wallsend,& Ashington along with washington etc.Space has been waitng for over a year and they ain't took it up as you say depends on area.

Thinks you deffo need a card for Sultana via vision remember reading on Digi Spy where cards were delayed.

Yeah can confirm that the exchanges have the equipment, but people are not using it We got loads in our exchanges, but very few people take up the services.

be very interesting to find out what exchanges are capable, hmmm ??? and why wouldnt they start using it if they were capable, thats what i cant understand ?

Back