bt broadband £19.99

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
bt broadband £19.99 RIP OFF

i thought when i see the add for this that it was good as it was something like 29 squid when i was looking for a isp then i read the small print and there is a 1 gig a month limit .the small print was very small in the add i read so if you download quite a bit a would say this is not the ideal for you ;

1 gig a day would be great but there's is (1 gig a month) on the 19.99 and 30 squid connection and 50 squid for the modem.plus it cost another squid more if you don't pay by direct debit .makeing it £20.99
i get about 300 meg of temp internet shite in a month i use window washer about once a week and wash around 40 to 70 meg each week so you would soon reach your limit with just a few downloads but bt may not be the only one to have this cap but it could explain how there managed to reduce the price so much to beat other isp's which on average charge 24 squid . {maybe i should have posted this in scams lol}

[DLMURL]http://www.bt.com/broadband/bb_basic.htm[/DLMURL]
You could download and enjoy the equivalent of 200 new music tracks with a 1Gb monthly download / upload allowance
No online gaming support.
Online gamer?
Designed for the single PC user who doesn't need to share their Internet connection.

just found this bit at the bottom to
The following one off charges will apply from Summer 2004: exceeding 1GB per month will incur a charge of £4, exceeding 3GB per month will incur a charge of £8 and exceeding 6GB per month will incur a charge of £12. Please note only one of these charges will be applied, dependent amount of data transferred that month. its a fecking rip off better off with dialup lol
you are also contracted to a 1 year deal so don't get fooled

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Damage I'll remove them from my list of replacements for NTL.Its getting to be a very short list......lol

chris1975 said:
most isp's now have a 1 gig a day cap m8, so still worth the money

Dont think pipex are ....they not limiting me anyway....

23.99 pm inc 512
33.00 pm inc 1meg

ssilvo :Bounce: :Bounce:

The 1 gig a month package is aimed at internet users who simply want a fast connection when viewing web pages but arent really into downloading large amounts of data. Customer surveys showed that this band of customer felt that BT should introduce a cheaper package for those people not using as much bandwidth as the heavier downloaders. BT responded by introducing this package in order to meet customer requirements. They still offer the unlimited access broadband package for £29.99 per month.

I still wont be switching from NTL though.

Back