Bruno leaves hospital

almah

Member +
Reaction score
Bruno leaves hospital

Friends said Bruno had been depressed for some time
Ex-heavyweight boxing champion Frank Bruno has left the hospital where he has been undergoing treatment for depression.
Bruno, 41, gave a thumbs-up sign as he was driven away from Goodmayes Hospital in Redbridge, Essex, on Saturday morning.

The father-of-three, wearing a red top and baseball cap, sat in the front passenger seat next to a female driver, thought to be his daughter.

Last month, Bruno was sectioned under the Mental Health Act after police and health workers visited his Essex home, near Brentwood, Essex.

During his time at Goodmayes Hospital he received hundreds of goodwill messages.

'Smiled and waved'

Bruno was driven back to his home near Brentwood in Essex, arriving shortly before 1000 BST.

On arrival, he smiled and waved at waiting reporters but did not comment.

He was driven through the gates of his home and met by members of his family.

Bruno's agent Kevin Lushing, speaking from Spain, wished the former boxer well and said he was pleased to hear he had left hospital.

But he added a note of caution: "He has a long way to go yet and he just needs to be in familiar surroundings now.

"I wish him well. I haven't spoken to him yet but I'll hopefully be seeing him this week."

Nice to hear! Despite all the jokes the guy is actually a real nice bloke, I hope he gets well soon.

Almah...I like the avatar..foxy!

Yeah! I hope big Frank gets his life/health sorted.

I always thought him to be a gentleman. No big ego did he carry with him.

Good luck to him!

he dont live that far from me and hes always opening something in the area ,Ive met him a few times and he really is one if the good guys, hope he recovers well

Back