Broadband

HaXor

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok im looking for a new isp, i currently have Aol but am thinking of moving to another provider for higher speeds. At the moment I download a few songs/games and software each month and also use xbox live. If I was to move to another provider that has download limits would i go over, I know this is a stupid question but am new to this and require some advice. Thanks in advance :BLOBBY:

best site to check is www.adslguide.org

from personal experience i'd stay away from pipex... they cap download speeds when using bittorrent, limewire etc.

I'm with AOL and surprisingly happy with their speeds. No limits and just about to be upgraded to 8mb for nowt extra (platinum)

Ok my contract with aol has now finished before I do move im thinking of giving them a call and see if they can offer me any deal, anyone had a luck in this way which is the best number to call?

Also what details would I have to provide them on the phone ?

Bulldog Communicationshas announced that it has doubled the speed of its broadband service to up to 16 meg for consumers and businesses across the UK.

Bulldog’s DoubleSpeed Broadband service, based on the new ADSL2+ technology, offers download speeds of up to 16 meg for the price many people pay today for a 1 or 2 meg service. Upload speeds will perform at a 1 meg. The DoubleSpeed service is available to both existing and new customers and, as usual, comes with the Bulldog phone line.

New residential customers have a choice of two DoubleSpeed packages. New customers can purchase Anytime Plus for £9.75 for the first month or Unlimited Plus for £19.50 for the first two months and will receive a free high-speed modem. Prices rise by £5 per month subsequently.

Bulldog Broadband is the UK Broadband market innovator - operated by Cable & Wireless. Bulldog Broadband has its own Broadband Internet and telephone network and has a choice of packages to suit everybody’s Internet and phone needs.
well i didnt know that did you ? its operated by C&W

I was with bulldog, and NEVER EVER again. On the face of it it looks great, cheap calls, low cost line rental, one of teh fastest broadbands available and no limits.

Just wait until you have to phone someone with a problem or even just a query. Yiou'll be lucky to be put on hold, once took me three days just to get therem kept telling me to call back later as too busy.

When you do get through, you will only speak with soomeone who records your problem, they won't solve it. instead they will have someone call you back, yeah right!!!!

Seriously don't go there

Back