broadband connection keeps cutting out

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
anyone in the Glasgow/Renfrew area getting any probs with their broadband, i have to keep either rebooting the modem or disable/enable network connection then it is ok but is happening a couple of times a day now over the last week or 2 i have had a look at vm site and cannot cannot see any problems noted for the area, not looking forward to calling them takes forever to speak to someone, oh and it is a proper subbed 250 modem

Are you connected through wireless or wired?
Connected through the Main Socket or Extension?

no router connected just hard wired to network card, also doing the same thing if i try it with another (cough, cough) modem to seperate network card, just loses connection every now and again. connection has been split (has been same set up for a couple of years, nothing changed recently)

That happened to me few months back and lasted for few weeks and then corrected itsself.
My setup was through a splitter and when I had a direct feed just to the modem all was fine.

Try testing with a direct feed and see if it still drops out.

That happened to me few months back and lasted for few weeks and then corrected itsself.
My setup was through a splitter and when I had a direct feed just to the modem all was fine.

Try testing with a direct feed and see if it still drops out.

ok m8 cheers i will give it a try

I had a similar issue, last week, rang VM on saturday, they told me it was SNR (Signal to noise ratio) issue, and should be sorted by the following monday.

Told them was not happy, as it had been up and down all week, got a £5 credit on my bill, better than nowt.

Came back on 2 hours later, and not been off since.

i rang vm when i had same problem and they replaced my modem never had problems since

i rang vm when i had same problem and they replaced my modem never had problems since
i did not think it was the modem as it is happening with both subbed and non subbed modem, it does not matter what one i have connected and they both connect to different network cards, only common is the rj45 cable or the actual feed in to modem.

i did not think it was the modem as it is happening with both subbed and non subbed modem, it does not matter what one i have connected and they both connect to different network cards, only common is the rj45 cable or the actual feed in to modem.

do you know anyone from vm that could test your levels m8ty perhaps you need a powered splitter?

how about buying a yellow box to try see if it improves things?

anyone have a link to these?
also cloned modem in kids room never loses connection, making me think its the modem.
on hold to vm at the moment, they are "checking it out"

must be fault with pc.........feckers couldn't tell them it does it with cloned modem in different network card also but i wanted to...lol...

now posting a new modem out.

Back