British GP

The only way I will ever find GP interesting is if everyone drove cars with the same specification. Michael Schumacher, we are told, is one of the best drivers ever. He may well be, but he did have a massive advantage, with his car. This year that advantage is not there and Michael Schumacher is not contesting the championship. You can only determine a good driver on how they do in a poor car.

schumacher dragged ferrari ( in a poor car ) to become world beaters,remember barcelona 96.
the aero on the cars has fooked overtaking this year,as have the tyres.
the rule changes next season should sort this out and the return to slicks in 08 is definatly the right way to go , but yes it was a boring race.
a pat on the back to jenson for giving his all in quali and the race lets hope his car develops further.

And just for the record im a bar fan not ferrari !!

GerryK4 said:
The only way I will ever find GP interesting is if everyone drove cars with the same specification. Michael Schumacher, we are told, is one of the best drivers ever. He may well be, but he did have a massive advantage, with his car. This year that advantage is not there and Michael Schumacher is not contesting the championship. You can only determine a good driver on how they do in a poor car.
sorry to disagree with u m8 on ya opinion of schumacher but im a big f1 fan and although i hav to admit the sport has dwindled in the past few years but i can vouch for ms being a great driver m8 i remember the battles he had with mika hakkinon wen the mclaren was the superior car and he was always there or there abouts i agree with u all about these rule changes though just makeing the sport boring lets have them all in the same spec cars tyres engines all the same then we'll sort the men from the boys :Cheers: regards robby

well i was at silverstone and it was good yet again but im not sure about using one tyre,doesn't seem to be any logic ther unless im missing something.still had a great weekend and going yet again next year .anyone know somewhere thats clean and available to stay near silverstone for next year,seems all prem travel lodges are booked.
an im a coulthard and button fan would be good to see them as a team

hey dutcho, if the rumours turn out to be true maybe il be cheering on ferrari as well as you , button in red , it would be like the good old days of mansell in red 7.!!lol

probably not gonna happen but who knows f1 is a strange sport at the best of times ,
but whatever happens Bar & Ferrari have a lot of catching up to do.

me too m8 . maybe its just the silly season starting early,but jens must be tempted as its only a matter of time that ferrari gets back on form and schuie not getting any younger so who knows!!

robby12345 said:
sorry to disagree with u m8 on ya opinion of schumacher but im a big f1 fan and although i hav to admit the sport has dwindled in the past few years but i can vouch for ms being a great driver m8 i remember the battles he had with mika hakkinon wen the mclaren was the superior car and he was always there or there abouts i agree with u all about these rule changes though just makeing the sport boring lets have them all in the same spec cars tyres engines all the same then we'll sort the men from the boys :Cheers: regards robby

That is my point, and I accept that Schumacher is a great driver, by your reply. I think I said that you can only gauge how good a driver is by how he performs in a poorer car, and in the seasons you are talking about, he obviously did. I am a casual observer of F1, and have no real knowledge of the intricacies of the sport. Unfortunately, due to the amount of money involved we will never see everyone with the same spec car. Bit like football really. :)

Back