bricked dbox2,please help

steve1969

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone help.i tried flashing my mates nokia dbox2 with the image from my box and ive gone horribly wrong.it wont load up,its stuck.is there a way of reformatting and starting again.i do have an rs323 cable and know where to get most programs from.any help will be appriciated.

its got a load of symbols and numbers and says klein at the bottom.what is ifa and how do i use and will it work.thanks for replying so fast

its got a load of symbols and numbers and says klein at the bottom.what is ifa and how do i use and will it work.thanks for replying so fast

OK with kein you need to flash an image with IFA, it means you either flashed the wrong image or a corrupted image.

Probably flashed a 1x on a 2x box.

Grab IFA, connect with rs232 cable, load the image and let it work. You may have to try a few different versions of IFA, some are a bit temperamental.

ok.many thanks,heres what i did.i backed up my image(linc sat beta7.something)then put this temp folder on my mates box running commando (12 i think) but the only way i could get it to notice it was to delete the last 3 letters of the file name to .img.i read it flashed it but now nothing.

ok.many thanks,heres what i did.i backed up my image(linc sat beta7.something)then put this temp folder on my mates box running commando (12 i think) but the only way i could get it to notice it was to delete the last 3 letters of the file name to .img.i read it flashed it but now nothing.

Looks like corrupted image m8, IFA should sort it, it may work 1st time but if not try again or with a different version of IFA, theres a portable version of IFA which Renwich posted which is quite good.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/185526/

Last edited by a moderator:
is your box a 1x or 2x and same with your mates box
you either put a 1x img onto a 2x chip box or vice a versa

as stated look for ifa,image flashing assistant ive used the portable
one which worked fine for me

many thanks.ive got a version already from mercs but at the bottom it says i need a null modem cable and a crossover network cable.i dont know what type ive got and do i really need both,also how can ifa connect to the box if it cant even start up surely the program will need to connect via ip address,thats why i thought the rs232 cable would be needed.

many thanks.ive got a version already from mercs but at the bottom it says i need a null modem cable and a crossover network cable.i dont know what type ive got and do i really need both,also how can ifa connect to the box if it cant even start up surely the program will need to connect via ip address,thats why i thought the rs232 cable would be needed.

I am not sure if i ever used a Xover cable with a null modem cable but if they say you need it them I assume I did use one.

IFA will give box a temp ip address so dont worry about that.

You can also use IFA with just a Xover cable but as you have the null modem then that is best but slower.

I am not sure if i ever used a Xover cable with a null modem cable but if they say you need it them I assume I did use one.

IFA will give box a temp ip address so dont worry about that.

You can also use IFA with just a Xover cable but as you have the null modem then that is best but slower.

it will only take about 25 - 30 min with a null modem,and about 10 mins with a xover,ive allways gone the null way

many many thanks jaffa.i knew this site would have some clever people with answers.if i can learn how to use this site properly then i'll let you know how i get on.

many many thanks jaffa.i knew this site would have some clever people with answers.if i can learn how to use this site properly then i'll let you know how i get on.

Don't put me in the bracket with the clever people, I only tell you what the clever people told me....:proud:

Magnu is spot on though, null will take longer but is sound as a pound, Xover is quicker but doesnt always work so in long run could take longer. Flashing via the box which you tried is quickest but can be easy to make a mistake although its the way I do it 99% of times cos it only takes a couple of minutes.

Glad you like the forum, there is a wealth of knowledge here, if you want or need it.

jaffa,ive tried the ifa that i had but could not connect.when i click on the link you gave me for the portable one it doesnt work mate.is the link dead?also i should mention that the laptop has found the connection with the dbox as when i unplug it say a lan connection is unplugged.is it just the program that is at fault?

Last edited:
yessss,jaffa + anyone else that reads this.used the null modem cable+crossover network cable as it would for some reason only connect using both,flased with my image from my box and all is well apart from the great loss of the same channels as mine even after slow re-scan auto and manual.by the way got a new card for my virgin box today the end is nigh.i think i,ve learned enough in a few days to flash MY box with an n3 beating software if one comes out.many thanks,lets hope one does.

yessss,jaffa + anyone else that reads this.used the null modem cable+crossover network cable as it would for some reason only connect using both,flased with my image from my box and all is well apart from the great loss of the same channels as mine even after slow re-scan auto and manual.by the way got a new card for my virgin box today the end is nigh.i think i,ve learned enough in a few days to flash MY box with an n3 beating software if one comes out.many thanks,lets hope one does.

Don't hold your breathe for a crack, it won't happen.

Glad you got it sorted, I know it was your image you flashed but you could try ftping the services files from your box and loading it on that box, then go to services and reload channel list, it may bring them back.

Incase you don't know (u probably do though).

Service file is in var/tuxbox/config/zapit, just ftp from your box to laptop and from laptop back to other box in same directory, overwriting the other one.

Back