Box Questions

mark22

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before but only just joined the forum so not had a chance to figure it all out yet.

I bought a Humax 1000s box, paid for a Cline and received the file. put it on a memory stick put it in the box, been playing around with the box for days but can not get anywhere.

For those who know it is probably just a simple process.

If anyone can spare the time to give me some info on what I have to do it would be most appreciated

Thanks

Thanks for that. Looks like I will have to take the box back then, start from scratch. I did contact the company who sent me the file for some info, but after maybe a dozen emails over 2 weeks, still no reply, so looks like I may have to start from scratch with that as well

I will take the box back. I better do a bit more research on what to buy

Last edited by a moderator:
Really depends on what you want, I have the OpenElec Wetek box but thats because I am a big Kodi fan and watch far more content on that than I do live or recorded shows and movies. Its great for me as it has 2 tuners so i get the best of all worlds as i get everything in one box

I will read up on that, looks like a nice box. I just moved into a new flat, it has 2 cables coming in the lounge. I connected the other cable but it said no signal.

I pretty much just want to watch sky uk but if there is a lot more I can get that's even better.

The Humax box should give you FreeSat if it does not then those cables might not go anywhere

Yet I get freesat through it, but want more than that. that's running on one of the cables, maybe the other is to a dish pointing in another direction there is loads of dishes on the building.
I will have a good read up on that wetek box and try to find some others. presume once I find one I can just ask on here what to do next if I seem to go around in circles.

Try and find a tut that shows you exactly what to do before you buy.

Have you everdone anything similar before?

ask a few neighbours,
one of the cables may be from a communal system that's not in use any more, other cable from a dish previous owner put up?

Try and find a tut that shows you exactly what to do before you buy.

Have you everdone anything similar before?

Yes about 3 years ago I was living in Spain, I had a GI mini box just dropped the file in the box then entered the log in details. that was easy

Hi Mark22
the dish you say has no signal is it fixed or motorised.
will probably have a signal from hotbird or astra 1, if you press the sat button on your remote control, you should be then able to select loads of satellites even if it's a fixed dish, click across the satelllites you should get a signal from 1 of them , I don't know your box but I have done that with several other boxes so it should be doable

The Humax, is a CE box with the software built around FreeSat, I think it will be very difficult to do anything else with it

Back