Box For Spain - ? ? ?

beany

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience of using a dream 500C or 500S in Spain. I presently have a service from a company that supplies a signal via a micro mesh dish on my roof. I do have a decoder but not sure what type?

Any info would be great.

Most of spain does not have cable tv yet but satellite tv is very popular out there. Satellite has more to offer anyway so thats the way to go, but you'll need a satellite dish. :)

The mesh systems are a local re-broadcasted signal so a dreambox isnt any use for you -cable or satellite versions. The decoders are specific for your system and there are various types used depending on your location. I dont know of a hack for any of those, and if someone comes up with one then they'd need to watch their back! The signal owners arent exactly law abiding and are known to be ruthless lol.

Most of spain does not have cable tv yet but satellite tv is very popular out there. Satellite has more to offer anyway so thats the way to go, but you'll need a satellite dish. :)
The mesh systems are a local re-broadcasted signal so a dreambox isnt any use for you -cable or satellite versions. The decoders are specific for your system and there are various types used depending on your location. I dont know of a hack for any of those, and if someone comes up with one then they'd need to watch their back! The signal owners arent exactly law abiding and are known to be ruthless lol.

If i got my own dish would a dream 500s be the answer?

yes you could use your won dish with a dreambox to recive certain channels,dont know if you'd get the channels you currently get though.

have a look on w*w.lyngsat.com for the satellite footprints for your area and see what size dish you'd need

This depends on what you are looking for? If you want sky channels plus bbc & itv that you have through the mesh then you are best to keep what you have.
If you only want sky channels then you will need a sat dish and an official subscription so you may as well use a sky digibox (but its cheaper to keep what you have). If you want bbc/itv then you'll need a large ~2 metre diameter sat dish added which is also expensive.

Basically the system you have installed is the cheapest way for the most available uk channels, and also the smallest option available.

Regards.

Back