Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bought TV on the street, Not working when got home!

Gunner786

Inactive User
What shall i do?
someone offered me a tv at a petrol station and i bought it without asking wether its stolen or 2nd hand.
Then when i got home it wasnt working.
What shall i do?
i got their reg plate and car and shall i report them to police?
£200 of my money gone.
If i report it to the polcie is there a chance i will get done over aswell?

Well its a risk you took and as for police i can see them asking questions!

I personally would have never bought it but now that you have i don't think there's much you can do!

What shall i do?
someone offered me a tv at a petrol station and i bought it without asking wether its stolen or 2nd hand.
What shall i do?
£200 of my money gone.

Are you being serious mate???

Why would you buy a TV off the street, just like that, without asking any questions???

Reporting it to the police isn't going to get your money back. As Ronaldo already said - you knew the risk when you decided to buy the TV (why you did it, is beyond me!!)

well he was an irish geezer,
the problem with the tv is at the bottom the stand bit is missing with a big hole there too,
also alot of the screws in the back of the tv are missing too
it was packaged so well with sky leaflets put inside.
they done a proepr packing job on it.

im still hoping i can catch him cos i got his reg plate.
can maybe make up a story of hit and run and then get his insurance details from the police and go on from there
also soon as i plugged it in the whole leccy in the house went

LOL take the back off prolly find some bricks in there...

If it sounds too good to be true it more than likely is....

This sort of think has been a scam for years

they drive around in vans with broken / stolen goods tv's hi fi's even 3 piece suites looking to pass their dodgy gear on

they even will go to each door in a street until they unload all the contents of their van

People think they are getting a real good deal and run of to the cash point

you may as well report it but the police will be aware of this sort of thing but you can say goodbye to your hard earned £££££'s

the problem with the tv is at the bottom the stand bit is missing with a big hole there too,

can maybe make up a story of hit and run and then get his insurance details from the police and go on from there

You aint going to catch him mate, if you start making stories up to the police they are going to want to know the ins and outs. Chalk it up to experience you just got stung lucky it was only 200 notes could of been worse.

if you know the exact same van as he has go buy one put his plates on it and go through a few rear speed cameras get a few parking tickets then drive in to a parked car make sure its on camera or people can see to get your plate number then drive off hide van and take plates off then the police should look for him and find some stuff in his van

S what! you have his reg plate? probably of a stolen car or changed plate, if he packaged the TV so well he's probably not stupid enough to drive his own car.

Even if it is what do you intend to do? You have no proof he sold you the TV, it's your word against his, so maybe rough him up a bit? land yourself in trouble for Assualt or worse, ABH, which will cost you well over £200 in fines if not a suspended sentence or a few hours cleaning roundabouts.

Chalk it up to experience I'm afraid, you were mugged!

if you know the exact same van as he has go buy one put his plates on it and go through a few rear speed cameras get a few parking tickets then drive in to a parked car make sure its on camera or people can see to get your plate number then drive off hide van and take plates off then the police should look for him and find some stuff in his van

that sounds like a very elaborate way to lose even more money.

buy a van the same? are you taking the pish?

Trust me pal the bobbies will manage to keep a straight face while taking your details and promise to do all they can. Until brew time when they will collectively piss themselves.

You can hardly say that you have been robbed as the 'seller' will just argue that you bought a TV for 'spares/repair' or whatever.

Chalk it up to experience pal, you have been had.

Messa

Looks like you have just learned a rather expensive lesson.

We all make mistakes and, hopefully, learn from them.

What shall i do?
What shall i do?
£200 of my money gone.

this reads like a joke, someone tells down the pub. £200 for a TV of a garage forecourt? hey listen guy, i have some used bin bags i could let you have at a good price. you interested? c'mon we could meet at your local petrol station. sorry guy, you are either taking the piss, or very dim. i mean no offence, it was you who made it public.

Only option i can see you even getting some money back, is to pull the same stunt and hope someone else goes for it.

but if in the future you fell need to needlessly give away a few hundred pounds, i will give you my paypal info and you can just pop it in there. :p

only joking bud but it a tough lesson learned i think!

ia the OP serious or on a major piss take

does the OP carry two hundred pounds with him incase he gets a bargain. sorry fellow but if this is true, then your got as much intelligence as a bog brush.

You should have asked to see it working first ;)

But yeah i wouldnt have done that mate! Just put it up to exprece and move on, as for the stores to the police its a bit over the top for 200 quid!

And crashing into partked cars man wtf? Whats the poor guy whos going to get his car shashed into done to you! Mental man.

If you see him again kick the shite out of him, But its doubtful your going to see the guy again as i wouldnt supect hes stupid enough to do it round his local area though. I'd cut my losses and bin it before you get done for handling stolen goods.

Back