Other Bonded service

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone using or can recommend a bonded internet service?
One of our clients, upload is OK at around 8-10 meg but the download is less than 1 meg. Using 365 email and sharepoint 6-8 users and very slow accessing documents and emails.

Checked and Virgin is not available or fibre.

Looked at Boosty (boost from your 4G phone/dongle) and also sharedband (install of addition lines). Just wondering do they work or any other options?

Thanks

you want to take 2 internet connections and use something like LACP to aggregate the 2 connections into one.

Yes, it can be done using a router with Tomato firwware installed - they call it MultiWAN

Thanks @jfish I will take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @jfish I will take a look.

My Tomato router has the MultiWAN feature but as I only have a single VM internet I cant test this, I may just for sake of it get a cheap one and try it out - can I get a BT line without ADSL so use a standard Ethernet cable for the WAN port.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have VM and Sky at work. Just need to find a spare router that support Tomato to test it out on.

We have VM and Sky at work. Just need to find a spare router that support Tomato to test it out on.

get a Cisco E2000 - should be able to pick one up for 20 quid . That's the one I use at home.

Back