Mobile Phones Blue LED shades?

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently ordered some ultra bright blue leds off of ebay to fix my logitech z5500 screen which was not lighting up any more. Ive just fitted them and although the screen lights up now the screen is such a deep blue that I cant see it from my chair. It used to be a much more pale blue.
The ones I got from ebay were rated at 120mcd.
Does anyone know how I can get the light blue shade leds? I dont really know what I'm looking for

This was the guide I used to repair the screen
A Complete Guide to Fix the Flickering or Dimming Backlight LCD of logitech Z 5500 D - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Were they not white LEDs with filters originally?

I put some blue LEDs in an old phone years ago and it was quite bright.

Im not sure actually, What would the filter look like? When I tested one of them off the board it lit up blue.
I tried to dim them by colouring in with black marker and it did dim them but the problem seems to be that the light is such a deep blue

Last edited:
They might be a slightly different wavelength output. Changing the brightness might not affect how it looks much.

In that tutorial he uses white ones with blue marker pen. Maybe that was why?

I thought I was doing it better buying the proper ones :(
I suppose looking at it that is the most sensible thing to do if I dont know the correct blue ones to get. I think ill order up some white ones then.
Cheers Mate

The odd bit is that those type of white LED are blue but they have a phosphor component that makes white light.

Blue > White > Blue :).

I remember my Nokia 8210 being quite a deep blue when I put them in. My 8310 had a blue tinge to it but they were white LEDs but that was bright.

I remember the blue led mods for the old nokias. Didnt have the bottle to attempt it on my beloved 8210 at the time though :) These leds would of been ok for that I think, looks great up close but definately reduces the viewing distance

Back