block emms in cccam

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
Can someone tell us how to block all emm's in cccam just type the command line so people can just copy and paste it into the cfg file..

please..

thankyou...

DISABLE EMM : yes
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : NO

this does not necessarily mean your card will be safe, they may have a different method of killing your card.

thanks crazyfool, yes I understand this but better to try and fail than to not not try and still fail,

have been doing some more reading also and think we need also to include the following

B: /dev/sci0 07

this will block all

i would also use the blocker to

B: /dev/sci0 07 (or what ever you reader has been allocated)

As CrazyFool mentions theres no way to be sure yet as to what is the best method, with there being lots of confusing info floating about.

also in thier rush to add emm updates they may have missed something out and then we add to the mix all the versions of cccam being ported to different machines who knows what has been missed out to get working.

Si

(you beat me to it..lol)

DISABLE EMM : yes
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : NO

OK so i put this in my cccam config (just edited it to reflect that) and channels have now gone off and wont come back on, even if i re-edit it back to how it was.

i have also transferred over my backup of the cccam.conf and it still wont clear my premium channels.

this is in tm500 with cccam 2.1.4 (3) and new cs 1.67

the card is fine ive stuck it back in my original box and it clears channels just fine, whilst in there i forced it to do a callback , and left it in 30 mins , had a few channels changes.

put it back in tm500 and still wont clear channels.

and yes have rebooted numerous times.......

Last edited:
OK so i put this in my cccam config (just edited it to reflect that) and channels have now gone off and wont come back on, even if i re-edit it back to how it was.

i have also transferred over my backup of the cccam.conf and it still wont clear my premium channels.

this is in tm500 with cccam 2.1.4 (3) and new cs 1.67

the card is fine ive stuck it back in my original box and it clears channels just fine, whilst in there i forced it to do a callback , and left it in 30 mins , had a few channels changes.

put it back in tm500 and still wont clear channels.

and yes have rebooted numerous times.......

You mention newcs so i guess theres your problem, if you are using newcs to read the card (thats all it can do anyway) you should be looking in the xml file and config that accordingly.

Si

yeah but what iam saying is my config was working superb, then changed emm setting then stopped, put everything back from backups, including newcs.xml and still nothing, have even just started the box from fresh as in software update etc etc and same again, before doing this my setup was working A OK without problem.

Sikinn is right. your using newcs and that will not go anywhere near emm's so effectively, you didn't need to do anything.

have you tried restarting the cam? if all else fails just reflash the box and load your backup newcs/cccam/services/bouquets

Sikinn is right. your using newcs and that will not go anywhere near emm's so effectively, you didn't need to do anything.

have you tried restarting the cam? if all else fails just reflash the box and load your backup newcs/cccam/services/bouquets

ok fair do`s, but ive done everything, ive reflashed the box, started from scratch, resacanned channels, etc etc and used my backups of my config files, not only that ive tripled checked then as well, its as if my card is not being read at all. however box key is fine, have checked both newcs and cccam.

card works fine in original box, so not been hit or anything.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OK well just to prove it to myself, ive just setup another box from scratch, using the same process, and my original conf / xml backups , and guess what, the channels, clear, but not in the other box?????????????????????

am i just incredibly unlucky that the moment i changed the setting in the conf the box became faulty????

you need to go back to the beginning mate an break it down, is newcs reading the card? check webgui at ip:8080. If its reading the card check cccam is seeing the nline ip:16001.

If all else fails post your configs so we can check them.

Si

yeah you must have made a balls of the configs when you tried editing them,

although that doesnt explain why the same config's work fine on your second box :S

hmm....

OK just a quick run through when i edited the original box, i made an ftp backup before i edited it (just the cccam.conf) and also a backup of newcs.xml (even though i didnt touch it)

in cccam i changed this

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

to this

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

thats the only thing i changed, i simply edited the "no"`s and "yes"`s, thats it.

i did this, then restarted cccam / newcs

nothing, channels scrambled, rebooted box, still nothing
copied backups back over, and still nothing, obviously rebooting , restarting inbetween.

even powered box down and backup.

still the same.

pulled card out, gave it a holiday in original box, channels cleared right away, whilst there, forced a dial home and left it in for 20-30 mins or so, changing channels etc etc.

so card is fine.

put it back in original box, still not clearing.

ok so decided to reflash box and do a full factory reset.

did this to lates UR image for tm500
full factory reset.
scanned channels
set bouquet
sorted comms setup out
installed cccam 2.1.4 and newcs 1.67
copied back over my backed up confs of both cccam and newcs.

nothing, channels wont clear.

removed card and placed it in box in next bedroom, same box / software and cccam and newcs setup.

used my backups of cccam and news, ftp`d them over, placed card in and voila channels clearing without problem.

i`m setting a spare box up now from fresh to see what happens

thats about the brint of it.

crap!! talk about unlucky mate....
if all fails swap boxes about, use bedroom box as server and original one as client.

hope ya get it sorted...

From just going off what you have written, thanks for the headache too..:)

I am going to guess this is what is happening when you install newcs an cccam, they have to be started in a paticular order newcs first so it gets the card reader before cccam does. So when cccam starts it looks for the readers and skips them beacuse newcs is using it. Now issuing that variable is to diasble all local emm, must try to access the reader in some way an inturn knocks of newcs. Like i say just a guess, now wheres them headache tablets...hope you get it back on some way.

Si

hmm, very very strange.
it sounds like you have damaged the hardware or something but i dont see how unless one of your activites has done something.

Back