Blackcat "Device Not Connected" Error

sodiumba

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all,
trying to do the business on a surfboard 5100 and unfortunately i am getting nowhere. the problem lies with not being able to connect to the modem via blackcat. I know the cable is working because i was using it earlier at a friends house, although i am aware from reading that there are a small amount of motherboards with parallel ports that dont support blackcat.

could this be my issue? I am running an ASUS P4V8X-X Pentium 4 Socket 478 Motherboard

Any help or advice gratefully received..

SodiumBA

have you connected the pins right (if your putting connector on you need it on underside of pcb)

i had already flashed it once at my friends house so i know the cable and header are on correctly. its just i inadvertantly started a firmware update from within sigma and never finished. now nothing seems to work but i dont know if its just my pc because i have never managed to jtag my old pace box either despite numerous attempts

were u using ur friends pc, whats the parallel port set to in the bios on both machines?

havent a clue what his was set to, my bios has "Normal", ECP & EPP, with ECP & EPP there are about 3-4 different types i can choose from.... tried almost all of them will let you know if none of them work

I would take the kit back round to your friends house again , just to confirm that the modem and blackcat cable is 100%

Also take a note of his settings in his computers BIOS for LPT1

Then we can try to sus out why your computer aint playing ball .

Cheers

Icon

Ok so I have been through 3 different input/output modes (3BC/278/378) each one had a choice of normal, bi-directional, EPP 1.7, EPP1.9 ECP DMA0, ECP DMA1 and ECP DMA3 modes and even after all those choices none of them worked.

I have double and triple checked the cable and solder joints on the modem, multimetered them for continuity and even updated my motherboard bios in a frantic bid for a solution.

In a haste to find the problem I have reverted to a post which states that Blackcat requires the LPT1 port to be on IRQ 7 between the i/o range of 0378-0377 & 0778-077B in DMA3 mode and even though i got all that set up, its still a no go!

The only thing i have left to try is black cat version 1.20 if any of you know where i can find a working copy?!?

thanks fella but they are both version 1.28, people seem to think 1.20 is better for the 5100's. have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times now and still no dice.... :(

Back