Phone Unlocking Blackberry 8230 blocked or not?

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all ive recently acquired a 8230 locked to orange. Ive been reading up about unlocking this piece of kit. The only problem is that i thought i would try an orange sim card in to make sure the kit works in its natural state before i unlock it. When i tried to make a call from the phone with an orange sim card from my mates phone it came up with an error message of some sort "call failed".... tried a few numbers etc with the same result. Is this phone blocked? and what would be the next step you guys would take with the kit. If i tried to open up to other networks would it still be blocked or what. i havnt paid for the phone yet, thought it was too cheap £40 to be a good bargain. thnks for all on this forum for the help im glad to be part of the family here on dw.

If the radio is set to on. Menu, then scroll down to the icon that looks like an old radio mask, press it it toggles between on and off, then yes either the sim card is barred, or the handset is.
No free or easy way (plus the usual "its illegal, etc) to correct this.
They sell second hand for about £50.00 anyway...Lastly please dont ask me for help correcting barred handset..Not having a go, etc, but you will be suprised the amount of times i get asked.

thnks for response. told the guy im not havin the phone dont want nowt to do with it if its dodgy ;) how ever i do believe the guy would be open to offers ;)

Back