black screen when loaded

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a black wii which is softmodded with a HDD, this hasn't been used for about 6-8 weeks (nearly put on eBay) then out the blue kids want to play on it, worked absolutely fine before but a problem seems to have popped up now, every now and again it freezes when you chose a game to load it just sticks on black screen and you have to turn wii off and back on. had a quick google but only thing similar I could see says it could be dodgy HDD, but wouldn't have thought that it would affect the wii if that was the case or could it be on it's way out or just need some files updating?

cheers

I have a black wii which is softmodded with a HDD, this hasn't been used for about 6-8 weeks (nearly put on eBay) then out the blue kids want to play on it, worked absolutely fine before but a problem seems to have popped up now, every now and again it freezes when you chose a game to load it just sticks on black screen and you have to turn wii off and back on. had a quick google but only thing similar I could see says it could be dodgy HDD, but wouldn't have thought that it would affect the wii if that was the case or could it be on it's way out or just need some files updating?

cheers

have you tried another hard drive to rule out the current drive as the problem?

Back