Black n Silver foooker....dead

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
Yeah, little fooker has died tonight.
Got the green LED lit on the front but nothing else. No response to remote, tried unplugging a few times but still not booting

Tried DreamUp via serial/LAN, and serial on its own, and USB/Serial thingy too lol but nothing :Cry:

So unless there's summat else I can try it'll be time for a new un.
Skint after Chrimbo too as usual lol, oh the joy!

Is Dreamup not even recognizing the box is connected and getting the IP address?

Cheers 'dude, belled through my cable pin to pin and it's ok.
Tried the "serial only" method now on two different pc's now with no luck :(
Can't get any action out of it when using the "serial + network" method either.

Tempted to pack it up and post it down to you, coz despite all the above I've still got the nagging feeling that it's summat wrong with my setup somewhere lol

if you want to post it down thats no problem m8y, ill have a look for you

can you just confirm that you're not connected to any of the cards as 2 are still showing you as online m8

cheers dude, will pack it up tomorow sometime.

Definitely not me thats connected, only have the 1 box and it's lying next to me at the pc, strange?

just checked the IP against your IP from here m8, and it is yours, just wierd how its still got you logged in from here

just checked the IP against your IP from here m8, and it is yours, just wierd how its still got you logged in from here

hmm, that is spooky, hope its nothing more sinister.

Got the dodgybox installed now, no fecking FTA bbc channels which is wierd considering I have a card in the fooker (that I don't think I even need for FTA BBC). I'll leave it in for a day, hopefully it'll update in the stream and at least she'll get her eastenders lol.
Send us a pm with your addy m8, and if it turns out that it's fooked use it as a doorstop.
Might go for a clone @ 75 notes delivered from Peng (see cable section), but may save until feb pay day and go for a 7020, dunno... depends how long I can keep up with the divx downloads of the various US TV series. Thank fook for the old xbox :)

Could it be his router still on the ports?

i think its cos the card server software is older and doesnt refresh itself to see whos in and not like the latest version does, so untill i restart the cams itll stay showing as logged in

Back