Blac v Arsenal Arsen may play himself!

xXx

Inactive User
Reaction score
Blac v Arsenal PREVIEW Arsen may play himself!

Seriously, I mean he used to play CB as a pro. We barely have 11 fit players to field a team. Here's the list:

Out For Sure
Van Persie (knee/muscle strain)
Diaby (?)
Denilson (muscle strain)
Djourou (muscle strain)
Song (knee/fatigue)
Rosicky (muscle strain)

"Major Doubt"
Senderos (knee)

"Doubt"
Flamini (muscle strain)
Toure (muscle strain/fatigue)
Eboue (fatigue)
Almunia (sick)
Gilberto (back)

Available
Traore (LB)
Sagna (RB)
Clichy (LB)
J. Hoyte (RB/LB)
Gallas (CB)
Hleb (RM/LM/ACM)
Fabregas (CM)
Walcott (FW/RW)
Eduardo (FW/LW)
Bendtner (FW)
Adebayor (FW)
Lehmann (GK)
Fabianski (GK)

If we put everyone that is available in the first team for the match, we are still one man short for the bench. That is astounding. Depending on what happens with Big Phil and Toure, as well as Flamini, we are looking a bit short in the middle of the park and on the right. Also, Almunia is sick, but Lehmann is struggling for form and had a howler in his international match. Here's the best guess of what will happen tomorrow, including question marks for the positions that we just don't know yet.

?
Sagna - Gallas - ? - Clichy
Walcott - Cesc - ? - Hleb
Adebayor - Eduardo/Bendtner

Alternatively, we could go with a 4-5-1, which I think will look like this.

?
Sagna - Gallas - ? - Clichy
Walcott - Cesc - ? - Eduardo
Hleb
Adebayor

It's all just a giant puzzle and a guessing game at this point. At least the CM position is not too difficult to figure out. It will either be Flamini or Gilberto. For the CB position, we could see Big Phil or Toure rushed back, Gilberto thrown in there or J. Hoyte given another shot or even Nordveit brought up from the reserves/juniors. At least we are not short of offensive firepower. Without Eboue, we won't have a single player who can play wide midfield who can come off the bench and depending on Flamini, we may not have a single CM that can come off the bench either.

Last edited:
didnt realise we had a growing list of absent players.....although saying that the team sheet still doesnt look that bad......hope we pull through with a win today would be good with our competitors dropping points over the weekend.

fanstastic squad but isnt this thread just gloating how many great players u have i sense some showing off here lmao

ARSENAL 5 points clear and soon champions.

not just yet mate a lot can happen till the end of the season. the big 3 are still to meet each other.
still think man utd are very strong and arsenal will drop a few points.
chelsea are creeping up very slowly - they are the dark horses.

nice win tonight to, very frustrating night but glad to get the win. mark hughs' side are very difficult to play against.

Nice one boys. I'm in Oz at the minute and just checked the site. Man U losing to City showed that they can be beat and beaten to the title.

Come on the Arsenal boys!!!

Back