bittorrent sites

jay

Inactive User
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
582
Likes
1
#1
Hey guys n' girls hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes here but thought i'd tell you about torrentleach.

I've been using torrent sites for a while now, elitetorrents WERE good until the FBI shut them down for sharing Star Wars III, then I moved to Bitsoup which is a great site with lots to choose from but the DL speeds are VERY slow compaired to torrentleach. At the moment i'm downloading something at 235kb/s on an 2meg NTL line:)

hope i'm not out of line by talking about these sites, torrentspy has been mentioned before so I think i'm ok

where's my DONATED sign!


NO LINKS TO TORRENT SITES PLEASE !
 

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
1,464
Likes
2
#4
jaygotgame said:
Hey guys n' girls hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes here but thought i'd tell you about torrentleach.

I've been using torrent sites for a while now, elitetorrents WERE good until the FBI shut them down for sharing Star Wars III, then I moved to Bitsoup which is a great site with lots to choose from but the DL speeds are VERY slow compaired to torrentleach. At the moment i'm downloading something at 235kb/s on an 2meg NTL line:)

hope i'm not out of line by talking about these sites, torrentspy has been mentioned before so I think i'm ok

where's my DONATED sign!


NO LINKS TO TORRENT SITES PLEASE !
why do you use .torrent's at crap speeds?

use newsgroups and unleash the full speeds of your connection.

the mind boggles!
 

fspm

Inactive User
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
57
Likes
0
#5
Only thing is people don't know where to find news groups, perhaps you would be willing to point us in the right direction
Michael
 

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Joined
May 27, 2001
Messages
20,808
Likes
61
#6
Personally I am a member of some private sites and my connection is always maxed out when downloading, I think it depends a lot on the source and if your prepared to keep a healthy ratio and not just leech all the time.
 

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
1,464
Likes
2
#7
fspm said:
Only thing is people don't know where to find news groups, perhaps you would be willing to point us in the right direction
Michael
take a look here Michael to get you going:


h**p://www.harley.com/usenet/intro.html
 

smitherz

Inactive User
Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Messages
77
Likes
0
#8
e.g. download xnews or any news client, have a browse on the net for you news server for your ISP.

Instructions on how to use news groups are all over the place, just have a tinker and start learning from there. :)
 

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
1,464
Likes
2
#11
Dutcho said:
Personally I am a member of some private sites and my connection is always maxed out when downloading, I think it depends a lot on the source and if your prepared to keep a healthy ratio and not just leech all the time.
Maybe its because you don't know how to use newsgroups m8...Hmmm
but I bet you try to learn now!!..lol
 

edd

Inactive User
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
252
Likes
0
#14
right just been reading this and how do if find out the address of my isp ?
it is telewest dundee scotland

cheers
 

edd

Inactive User
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
252
Likes
0
#15
right got this going now
downloading a film in an hour
used to take me about 8 hours on bit torrent
i think i will be sticking with this !
 

edd

Inactive User
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
252
Likes
0
#16
so how do i know which ones are good and have all the files ?
 
TEST
Top