bittorrent sites

jay

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys n' girls hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes here but thought i'd tell you about torrentleach.

I've been using torrent sites for a while now, elitetorrents WERE good until the FBI shut them down for sharing Star Wars III, then I moved to Bitsoup which is a great site with lots to choose from but the DL speeds are VERY slow compaired to torrentleach. At the moment i'm downloading something at 235kb/s on an 2meg NTL line:)

hope i'm not out of line by talking about these sites, torrentspy has been mentioned before so I think i'm ok

where's my DONATED sign!

NO LINKS TO TORRENT SITES PLEASE !

jaygotgame said:
Hey guys n' girls hope i'm not stepping on anyones toes here but thought i'd tell you about torrentleach.

I've been using torrent sites for a while now, elitetorrents WERE good until the FBI shut them down for sharing Star Wars III, then I moved to Bitsoup which is a great site with lots to choose from but the DL speeds are VERY slow compaired to torrentleach. At the moment i'm downloading something at 235kb/s on an 2meg NTL line:)

hope i'm not out of line by talking about these sites, torrentspy has been mentioned before so I think i'm ok

where's my DONATED sign!

NO LINKS TO TORRENT SITES PLEASE !

why do you use .torrent's at crap speeds?

use newsgroups and unleash the full speeds of your connection.

the mind boggles!

Only thing is people don't know where to find news groups, perhaps you would be willing to point us in the right direction
Michael

Personally I am a member of some private sites and my connection is always maxed out when downloading, I think it depends a lot on the source and if your prepared to keep a healthy ratio and not just leech all the time.

fspm said:
Only thing is people don't know where to find news groups, perhaps you would be willing to point us in the right direction
Michael

take a look here Michael to get you going:

h**p://www.harley.com/usenet/intro.html

e.g. download xnews or any news client, have a browse on the net for you news server for your ISP.

Instructions on how to use news groups are all over the place, just have a tinker and start learning from there. :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated
Mick

Dutcho said:
Personally I am a member of some private sites and my connection is always maxed out when downloading, I think it depends a lot on the source and if your prepared to keep a healthy ratio and not just leech all the time.
Maybe its because you don't know how to use newsgroups m8...Hmmm
but I bet you try to learn now!!..lol

right just been reading this and how do if find out the address of my isp ?
it is telewest dundee scotland

cheers

right got this going now
downloading a film in an hour
used to take me about 8 hours on bit torrent
i think i will be sticking with this !

so how do i know which ones are good and have all the files ?

Back