bit off advice please ?

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i sent my son a fire stick with Kodi which is working great --- who is living in new-Zealand

i was thinking of getting him a vu-zero for Xmas
as TV on the fire stick is not that great
would this be compatible ?

my question is obviously there are no sat dishes there so would an iptv sever --- work ?
i haven't a clue how they work only use the other type of sever myself --- do you get defining lines you flash to the box ect--- plus is it cheaper or dearer

bit of advice would be welcome

Something I have been looking into more and more since 2E. Tell him to try streaming from Filmon, it's a good test to see how the internet connection copes. Can be done on Kodi or direct from browser on PC.

Something I have been looking into more and more since 2E. Tell him to try streaming from Filmon, it's a good test to see how the internet connection copes. Can be done on Kodi or direct from browser on PC.

Where is filmon ? Am using the beast been looking myself but can't find it ?

Yep found it cheers works on my stick ok in spain and am only gettin 6mb internet i know
For a fact he is getting 25mb internet or more will ask him to try it
Monday morning there so will ask him tonight
Cheers trev

if he wants uk tv without a dns then imo the mag250 is the way to go ;-)

What? And pay €€/ month to a dodgy supplier who's re-selling "free" TV?

in regards to the original question? yes, definitely.

if i were living anywhere abroad where i couldn't get uk tv and that was what i wanted then i would use a mag.

kodi does exactly the same thing except the streams are not reliable and kodi is a pain in the arse for normal non techie users.

get a decent portal for the mag and you're away.

Yes I agree, Kodi is a PITA when all you want to do is watch telly. It just irks me somewhat when someone is making money by selling what is essentially a free service.
I have a MAG250- it was given to me as a demonstrator by someone who wanted me to sell them. PQ was surprisingly good, but at the expense of frame rate.
I decided not to sell them (despite the tempting commission), which was just as well as (a) everyone who has/had them complained of buffering during busy periods and (b) the provider disappeared! Probably couldn't hack the moans lol!

As Trev said, watching UK TV outside the UK is becoming harder and harder, most expats just want a simple non techie solution.

I have just about every system installed and with regards to IPTV then I would suggest the easiest would be a Now TV box utilizing a VPN router, it is very easy to use and much higher quality than Filmon albeit at 720p which means you don't need a particularly fast internet speed.

Back