Biostek XS-600 DVD Player

Skyrocket

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these DVD players, I have seen mixed reviews want to play avi files via USB stick would like to know if they are OK or if anyone knows of a better model

I have one in a bedroom. I regularly use it for playing avi's and I think it was excellent value for money. All dvd players that play avi's by usb have a small problem and that is they dont play absolutely every type of video file. This is the same with hdd media players as well and its down to different codecs that are used when creating the compressed video.
For me out of every 10 films downloaded I'll get 1 of them that wont play in the Biostek or the sound will run differently from the video. It seems to work better with xvid than divx codecs but tbh if I find a movie dont play its easy enough to recode it. Like i say this isnt just Biosteks anyway cos it can happen with any usb dvd unit.

Bottom line, for the money its the nuts and I'd recommend.

h**p://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/648220/art/biostek/xs-260-dvd-player.html

just got two of these today and there great.
plays from usb also

The 260 is the same as the 600 but just doesnt have HDMI output and doesnt upscale dvd's. For the difference in price I'd say you will be happy paying the slight extra to get the Hi-Def upscaling and HDMI output. Both models are good value though and I've used mine regular for 6 months+ without any trouble.

Back