best sat nav to get?

motsey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi am looking for a stand alone sat nav device my budget is about 200quid but can be streatched depending on the device
I have been told a tomtom is the easiest to use but dont really know
Have seen a few on ebay but i dont want to buy somthing rubbish as i dont have a clue.
what should i look out for?
any advice would be great.

what do you think of the tomtom one 1st edition??

Also a mate has offered me the tungsten e2 pda for 40 pounds and said all i need to do is download the software like tomtom and then get a bluetoot reciever - what do you think?

-Thanks

can the gb one istall europe maps on to it and other stuff like traffic cams?

I am also looking to buy a satnav system. I've been looking at the tomtom one gb as well as the garmin nuvi 300 and 350. TomTom is newer i think. Everything's pointing toward that one for me!

i have tom tom 1 the first version no complainant's you can buy new maps for Europe or usa , you can get speed camera updates free online and is very user friendly

i just brought a brand new tomtom one GB for 150 but was wondering if i can add european maps for free?

Also was adding the voices and some didnt work,i tink it might be as they only had 2 files and the ones that worked had 3 files - any way i can get them to work?

Also how do i know if it has been updated for the new congestion charge zones in london?

-Thanks

****EDIT******
Just found the London Congestion charge POI's but they were created on the 7th August 2005 so are out dated as the congestion charge zone has expanded, so was wondering if anyone has a never version if one exists?

-Thanks (again)

Last edited:
pda

i would buy a pda all the way.use as a stnav mp3 player video player pocket pc games.everything a pc can do.:grab:

i just brought a brand new tomtom one GB for 150 but was wondering if i can add european maps for free?

Also was adding the voices and some didnt work,i tink it might be as they only had 2 files and the ones that worked had 3 files - any way i can get them to work?

Also how do i know if it has been updated for the new congestion charge zones in london?

-Thanks

****EDIT******
Just found the London Congestion charge POI's but they were created on the 7th August 2005 so are out dated as the congestion charge zone has expanded, so was wondering if anyone has a never version if one exists?

-Thanks (again)

150 where from, also can you jsut use the same ov2 and bmp files I use for my TomtTom v6 (PDA based) sicen I am gettig it for my pops for his birthday

(mainly speed camera ov2 and bmp's)

definatley the tomtom , you can dowlnaod speed cams for it always updating , poi`s all for free
no1

i brought it from halfords woth my brothers mate's staff discount : colors1

Back