Best Paint

firefox1965

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
for years I have been using water based paint for painting internal doors,skirting etc. I like that it drys quick and it stays white but the downside is its not as durable as oil based paints.
Last year decorated the daughters room and wife could only get johnsons gloss from the local Boyes store,so as i had to use that and much preffered the finish I got with it.
Today I've been sanding all the landing doors etc ready for painting and have noticed how yellow the paint (bearing in mind its only been on a year) is in the daughters room compared to the water based paint that has been on the landing for 6 years.
So my question, Is there an oil based paint that keeps its whitness like the water based paint??
Sorry for the essay

I have experienced the same problem when using Dulux professional paint.
I have sinced changed to dulux eggshell it has a mat finish but seems to stay whiter longer.
My mate has had the same problems with dulux prof. and has just started to use Crown paint.
I've also been told Wickes gloss is pretty good.

satinwood will stay whiter for longer m8 its not oil based but is for wood and will give a very slight shine.

satinwood will stay whiter for longer m8 its not oil based but is for wood and will give a very slight shine.

I was talking to a m8 in work and mentioned to him I was annoyed at just having finished the woodwork painting in the house that the final door I did, mated up to a room done about 6 months earlier, was yellowing already. He said the same as you but the paint I used was satinwood.

/I hate painting the woodwork :banana:

it is oil based mate ,also try get dulux trade not the crap in b&Q that is dulux but the trade stuff is alot more better

mike

Back