Best HD Receiver for these needs?

realdanny

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently stuck with a Technomate TM800 (without a hard disk in even!) and it tunes in and watches TV just fine but id like to look at an upgrade. Here's what Id want for a box in order of importance.

1. Speed.

The Technomate is sluggish for me, I want something with low latency that will fly through the menus.

2. Memory.

The TM800 has barely any space for plugins which is a pain.

3. An easy way to enter biss keys from a menu (maybe via a plugin)

Theres no way on the TM800 to just visit the channel, press a button and enter the short biss key's you find online - you can do this with newer Technomates, can you do it with VU's or other Enigmas 2's via plugins?

4. Good support online for images and tweaks.

It must be HD, I only need one tuner, I'm not bothred about DVR functions really but if its there and works well its a bonus. Im more bothered about speed, power, support, plugins and space to install them - it'll be used to watch the spectrum of channels across Europe from 40e to 40w - so good sensitive tuner would be nice too.

I'm yet to see a box with a nice UI now, the best is like a Samsung TV OSD, Im sure this is nice for some people but if theres anything a bit more "Apple" like as a bonus id be interested in that, but I guess its not available along with snappy menus and good options.

I see the VU+ boxes mentioned mostly, I guess a VU+ Uno with the latest image on might be my best bet? How's it handle the biss keys? and IPTV plugins?

if you want something with memory and super fast vusolo2 of duo2

vuduo2 is dual solo2 is twin if you want single tuner dm800se with a8p sim

Ok - whats the difference between twin and dual?

You think the DM800se is better than the VU+ Uno? And a big step up from my TM800?

solo2 as twin sat dual as two tuner twin sat and twin cable or dvbT yes vuuno is nice box

i have a spider 9000 hd and until it blows up.. i will still keep it also its fab!

Back